Posts Tagged Sarvajna Dwivedi
Fiona Ma (Assemblywoman & Campaigner against Hepatitis B) to speak at Health Technology Forum Conference
Posted by Darshana V. Nadkarni, Ph.D. in Biotech - Medical Device - Life Science - Healthcare on April 29, 2014
Hepatitis B (HBV) virus is a very common virus worldwide. Approximately, 1.2 million people in the United States are affected by this virus. Almost 350 million people worldwide, are living with Hepatitis B. Many people with Hepatitis B are likely to be infected at birth or in early childhood, and due to lack of immediate attention, have developed a lifelong chronic infection. Hepatitis B is a contagious liver disease that is commonly spread through blood, semen, or other body fluids. Most people do not experience symptoms until it is too late. The virus causes 80% of all liver cancers, if left untreated. Hepatitis B can be prevented with vaccination. And with immediate attention and monitoring with nutrition, fluids, and medical supervision, acute Hep B can also be effectively treated.
Fiona Ma, incumbent democratic candidate for State Board of Equalization, a reputed politician and a former member of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors, California State Assembly, is a tireless campaigner and spokesperson for “San Francisco Hepatitis B Free” campaign. San Francisco has the highest concentration of Hep B in the country. Ma herself learned that she had Hep B, when she was 22. She acquired it from her mother, who had acquired it from her mother. About 1 in every 10 Asian Americans, is infected with the virus. Ma’s mother had developed liver scars and having caught that early, had it removed.
Fiona Ma will be giving keynote address at Health Technology Innovation Forum annual conference on May, 20 at Parc 55, Wyndham Hotel, SF. The conference is focused on exploring pathways to sustainable health through various means including “best practices for globally underserved”, through “gamification” and “patient engagement”, and through “building resilient communities for better outcomes”. Traditionally, this conference is heavily attended by physicians from UCSF, as well as entrepreneurs focused on healthcare breakthroughs. Please register for the conference at http://www.healthtechnologyforum.com , as my friend, with the discount code “HTF14-FriendOfOrganizer” and send me your first & last name at wd_darshana at hotmail dot com, to get $150 off the price of the ticket.
Please note other upcoming events below – dates & deadlines.
1) Register for #TiEcon at link https://www.123signup.com/register?id=dbnfb&ref=4182698 as my guest & enter promo code tievalue to get $100 discount. If you are an entrepreneur, I would say this is the conference, you don’t want to miss. Check out great agenda, top notch speakers & panelists on #IoT, #bigdata, #cloud, and #Healthcare tracks at http://www.tiecon.org.
3) Feel free to send me an email for any of these events at wd_darshana at hotmail dot com and you can follow my updates on Twitter @DarshanaN. Also, do check out (in JOBS category on this blog), my job opportunities that include many Quality Engineering jobs in CA and MA and hot Software Embedded Engineer job and more.
#bigdata, #HBV, #Hep B, @DarshanaN, and #Healthcare, Astra Zeneca, “best practices for globally underserved”, “building resilient communities for better outcomes”, “Developing Oncolytic Virus to Treat Glioblastoma”, “gamification”, California State Assembly, campaigner, Cloud, contagious, disease, DNAtrix, Embedded, entrepreneurs www.healthtechnologyforum.com, fluids, Health Technology Innovation Forum, Hepatitis B, https://www.123signup.com/register?id=dbnfb&ref=4182698, Inc., IoT, liver, medical supervision, Michelle Chen, nutrition, Patient Engagement, Pearl Therapeutics, Quality, San Francisco Board of Supervisors, San Francisco Hepatitis B Free campaign, Sarvajna Dwivedi, Software, State Board of Equalization, TiE50, TiEcon, Twitter, UCSF, virus, www.bio2devicegroup.org, www.eppicglobal.org
Posted by Darshana V. Nadkarni, Ph.D. in Big Data -Cloud -IoT-Software -Mobile -Entrepreneurship, Biotech - Medical Device - Life Science - Healthcare on April 28, 2014
TiEcon, the largest entrepreneurship conference, will focus this year on four industry focused tracks, Internet of Things, Big Data, Cloud Infrastructure, and Healthcare. (Please register through this link as my guest https://www.123signup.com/register?id=dbnfb&ref=4182698 and enter promo code tievalue to get a $100 discount).
Steve Mollenkopf, President and CEO of Qualcomm, will give grand keynote address, on day 1. With a background in electrical engineering, Mollenkopf holds patents in “power estimation and measurement, multi-standard transmitter system, and wireless communication transceiver technology.” He has spent his entire 20+ year career at Qualcomm. Previously, he led the chip set business at Qualcomm and helped make Qualcomm the world’s largest mobile chipset supplier and global leader in LTE technology. Mollenkopf also led the company’s largest acquisition of Atheros, purchased at $3.1 billion, a deal that helped expand Qualcomm’s business beyond smartphones and enabled and speeded adoption of Qualcomm’s technologies and platforms in new segments.
Qualcomm makes over $25 billion each year, in revenues, powering world’s smartphones and tablets. Qualcomm may not be a lean and mean startup, but it is a technology driven company. Mollenkopf is entrepreneurial in nature and a self-proclaimed gadget freak. Entrepreneurs at TiEcon will be waiting to hear Mollenkopf’s perspectives on opportunities in mobile space. Will he share any new industry leading innovations in the pipeline, at Qualcomm?
TiEcon 2014 is shaping up to be fantastic entrepreneurship focused conference, with awesome panels and speakers. Please register through this link as my guest https://www.123signup.com/register?id=dbnfb&ref=4182698 and enter promo code tievalue to get a $100 discount.
Other Life Science focused events
1) Register for Health Tech Forum annual conference on May 20, at www.healthtechnologyforum.com. With a theme of “Pathways to Sustainable Health”, the conference will bring together physicians, entrepreneurs, payers, and providers with an aim to empower quality of health.
2) Michelle Chen from DNAtrix, Inc. will talk on “Developing Oncolytic Virus to Treat Glioblastoma” on Tuesday, April, 29, 8:30am. This is a free event – all are welcome – http://www.bio2devicegroup.org.
3) Dr. Sarvajna Dwivedi, founder of Pearl Therapeutics will talk on Tuesday, May 6 at Cubberley, PA www.eppicglobal.org. Pearl Therapeutics was acquired by Astra Zeneca last year, for $1.15 B and was a winner of TiEcon’s TiE50 awards, two years in a row.
4) Feel free to send me an email for details on any of these events at wd_darshana at hotmail dot com. You can also follow my updates on Twitter @DarshanaN. Also, do check out (in JOBS category on this blog), my job opportunities that include many Quality Engineering jobs in CA and MA and hot Software Embedded Engineer job and more.
"Pathways to Sustainable Health", #Cloud Infrastructure, @DarshanaN, Astra Zeneca, Atheros, “Developing Oncolytic Virus to Treat Glioblastoma”, Big Data, DNAtrix, Embedded Engineer, entrepreneurship, healthcare, https://www.123signup.com/register?id=dbnfb&ref=4182698, Inc., Internet of Things, LTE technology, Michelle Chen, mobile chipset, Pearl Therapeutics, Qualcomm, Quality, Sarvajna Dwivedi, Steve Mollenkopf, TiE50 awards, TiEcon, www.bio2devicegroup.org, www.eppicglobal.org, www.healthtechnologyforum.com
- Big Data -Cloud -IoT-Software -Mobile -Entrepreneurship
- Biotech – Medical Device – Life Science – Healthcare
- Book Reviews
- Diversity & Inclusion Globally
- Gujarati: Fiction-Poems-Essays-Events
- Hindi – Bollywood Movie Reviews
- Hindi – Bollywood Movie Reviews– Play Reviews– NAATAK– Poems– Event Reports
- JOB OPENINGS
- Movie Reviews
- Play Reviews
- Year-End Reviews
- 160,406 hits
- What is this culture in largest democracy where men don't need to hide rape from other men? Instead, they join forc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 12 hours ago
- #TrumpImpeachmentAmen twitter.com/DaShanneStokes… 13 hours ago
- #TrumpSNAP twitter.com/ALT_MyName/sta… 13 hours ago
- RT @notcapnamerica: Whew, child. Nancy Pelosi let the Baltimore come out today, 💀https://t.co/EjI2t4TmII 13 hours ago
- RT @Eiggam5955: Oh what a surprise he’s with Sinclair. And was at Fox. twitter.com/keithboykin/st… 13 hours ago