Posts Tagged Project Manager
Please see my current opportunities below. All opportunities are for local (US based) candidates with valid work visa with all required industry experience. If you have an interest then please send an email (resume as an attachment) at wd under score darshana a&t hot mail or find me on Linkedin.
Senior Director/ VP of Regulatory Affairs – San Jose, CA
The position is independently responsible for development of global regulatory strategy and representation of Regulatory Affairs on R&D project teams & will be responsible for managing all Regulatory Affairs activities (nonclinical and clinical) for investigational drug-device combination products from preclinical candidate designation through product approval, including regulatory submissions. Responsible for knowledge of regulatory requirements of major regions (US, EU, Japan and China) and for covering multiple development projects.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute regulatory strategies for earliest possible approvals for development programs.
- Provide expertise in translating local, regional, and international regulatory requirements into workable plans with cross-functional teams.
- Set strategy for submissions of product registration documents to health authorities worldwide. Interact with other line functions in the preparation, review, and completion of documents for regulatory submissions.
- Prepare submissions and regulatory filings of INDs, CTAs, BLAs, NDAs, MAA and other submission documents including meeting packages, briefing documents, responses, supplements etc.
- Experience in CMC regulatory compliance to ensure CMC practices are carried out in agreement with regulatory agencies requirements and expectations
- Review clinical trial documents including clinical protocols/reports, investigator brochures, nonclinical reports, protocols/test methods; review and approve clinical manufacturing plans and labeling, and authorize drug shipment to clinical sites.
- Interact with regulatory agencies on defined matters. Liaise with regulatory agency project manager in coordinating meetings, providing responses to agency questions/requests.
- Serve as Regulatory representative on project teams, manage regulatory timelines, and provide strategic input as applicable.
- Interface with international affiliates on regional regulatory strategy and implementation of plans.
- Effectively plan, organize, and conduct (or supervise) formal meetings with regulatory agencies. Interact with key personnel in regulatory agencies to ensure the review and approval of development plans, the timely resolution of issues, and the approval of marketing applications.
- Maintain knowledge of global competitive landscape, regulatory environment, regulations and guidelines.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance the Regulatory Affairs working practices and procedures.
Education and/or Job Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a scientific discipline.
- 10-15 years’ experience in Regulatory Affairs in biotechnology & pharmaceutical industry.
- Thorough knowledge of the drug, device and combination product development process with demonstrated experience in developing global regulatory strategy and submissions.
- Experience in multiple phases of development in various therapeutic areas is desirable.
- Experience with biologics is a must.
- Excellent organizational, writing, communication and time management skills needed to manage multiple ongoing projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively across departments and on project team(s).
- Results driven and team-orientated, with the ability to influence outcomes.
- Ability to travel
PROJECT MANAGER – San Jose, CA
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager to lead the successful execution and launch of engineering projects in a fast-paced environment. The position has responsibility for daily management of complex projects and requires a high degree of coordination with a cross-functional team including Engineering, Manufacturing, Biology, Quality and Facilities.
- Oversee and drive multiple engineering projects of various size and complexity from initiation through validation and production release
- Responsible for developing realistic project schedules, along with resource planning, risk management and measurable metrics to meet the project goals
- Communicate progress to stakeholders including the executive leadership team and provide recommendations for mitigating risks or delays
- Coordinate interdependent tasks and deliverables with key stakeholders including R&D Engineering, Manufacturing & Process Engineering, Facilities, EH&S, and Quality Assurance
- Lead and manage team meetings by creating agendas, presentations, minutes and action items. Document team decisions and follow up on action items and deliverables
- Comply with company’s policies and guidelines regarding design control, validation activities and documentation
- BS degree in engineering or a related technical field
- 7-10 years of experience with managing engineering projects and use of standard project management methodology, tools and/or software packages
- The successful candidate will apply strong people and negotiation skills to plan, coordinate and execute all relevant activities in a phase- gate setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate to people at all levels of the organization
- Strong leadership skills, self-motivated and ability to influence others to achieve successful outcomes
- The position requires a high degree of adaptability, flexibility, creative decision-making, and technical problem-solving abilities
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to handle multiple projects with exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Proven experience using Project Management tools to manage complex project timelines as well as fluency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio
- Proven track record with Medical Device, FDA regulations, ISO, cGMP and QMS standards
- In-depth understanding of verification & validation (IQ,OQ,PQ) as well as risk analysis (FMEA)
- PMP certification
- Experience with Visual Project Management
- Experience with turnkey, capital equipment
- Familiarity with sterilization process and aseptic manufacturing
Up to 10%
Quality Assurance Engineer – North San Jose, CA
There is immediate opportunity for Quality Engineer in well funded startup by a veteran leader with a world class team to support compliance with applicable regulatory requirements by maintaining an effective quality management system and implementing continuous improvements. This position is responsible for activities ranging from product development through commercialization. This is a hands-on role where the Sr. Quality Engineer will apply diversified knowledge of engineering, quality principles and practices for class II and class III medical devices and combination products. This position also ensures that the company complies with all applicable federal, industry, and company procedures, guidelines, and regulations during the receipt, storage, manufacture, and distribution of products.
Maintain and improve quality system in accordance with FDA Quality System Regulation and ISO 13485 requirements; Support quality assurance activities, including, but not limited to: Risk Management (FMEAs, HA), internal and external audits, NCMRs and CAPAs; Investigate product quality problems and determine root cause, gather and analyze data, and implement corrective actions to reduce or eliminate cause; Lead the resolution of quality issues related to non-conformance reports and CAPAs; Assist in development, review and approval of process and equipment validation/qualifications (IQ, OQ, PQ); Provide QE support to production, purchasing and engineering; Support/lead test method validation activities; Conduct and support the development and validation of appropriate test methods for product and process performance; Develop and initiate sampling procedures and statistical process control methods; Support product line manufacturing and design stages by ensuring validation of manufacturing equipment and processes are conducted in accordance with the Validation Master Plan; Address systemic quality issues with suppliers or internal groups; Oversee calibration and preventive maintenance program; Assist in the review of lot history records and disposition of product (subassembly and finished goods); Work with engineering to develop adequate inspection criteria; Perform statistical analysis such as capability, gage R&R, and statistical process control; Evaluate product changes for qualification and validation requirements and assist in change implementations.
A minimum of 7 years quality assurance/engineering experience is required. Experience in a regulated industry (medical device), Experience with FDA Quality System Regulations, ISO Standards (ISO 13485 and ISO 14971), Experience with non-conformances, CAPA, and Risk Management, Experience in performing test method validation and Gage R&Rs, Extensive experience regarding root cause analysis and statistical techniques (such as Cause and Effect Analysis, Fishbone Diagram, 5 Whys, Six Sigma processes) and BS in Engineering is required. CQE, CQA preferred
Quality Engineer – South San Jose, CA
Exciting bay area start-up on catheter development to focus on improved outcomes of arterial disease has an immediate opportunity for a manufacturing minded Quality Engineer.
Support QA/QC/QS functions and activities in a medical device manufacturing environment; Establish purchased materials RI acceptance criteria & perform RI; In-process/final device inspection; Technical Writing for Design History File documents etc, Regulatory & Quality System documents; Design, write & perform equipment qualifications & process validations; establish & maintain equipment calibration & maintenance; support team, contract manufacturers & suppliers with robust & statistically valid testing, sample size selection, monitoring & analysis requirements
5+ years medical device work experience (vascular catheter exp preferred), formal statistics training, Validation protocol design & report writing exp, exp to work in & maintain compliance of a certified QMS related to configuration control, document control & change control, enthusiasm for producing cool new products for catheter development. College education preferred.
Bioanalytical Lab Research Scientist – San Jose, CA
This is an exciting opportunity for a bioanalytical scientist to join world class team to work on drug-device projects, with the potential to dramatically change patient outcomes. Position, salary, and benefits are commensurate with experience, with possibility of option grants!!
Required: Background in medical device or pharma testing & regulatory development. Experience in preclinical and clinical research is a must. The candidate must have technical training in biochemistry and/or pharmaceutical sciences with experience using lyophilization, Karl Fischer titration, and HPLC. Experience with biochemical analysis such as spectrophotometric and fluorescence immunoassays, and LC-MS is a plus. Also required, degree in biochem or pharma sciences w. 2+ years experience, extensive exp in various analytical techniques & bioanalytical assays.
Responsibilities: Lead projects on biologic formulation, drug product process development; Executes experiments based on protocols and implement; Develop & maintain documentation, test methods, study protocols, SOPs, worksheets, forms, and reports; Design and manage data from complex experiments including preliminary statistical analysis; literature searches; Maintain lab & assay operations notebook, equipment, supplies, computer files; Support regulatory efforts.
Bioanalytical Lab Scientist – San Jose, CA
There is an exciting opportunity for a bioanalytical scientist to join a team working on drug-device combinations projects w/ potential to change patient outcomes. Attractive benefits package with competitive salary is offered and option grants makes this exciting opportunity. Perform literature search, routine data management, tabulate & graph results, support regulatory efforts & manage lab supplies, safety, equipment.
Responsibilities: Perform bioanalytical assays for the quantification of the analytes in in-vitro, preclinical and clinical samples; Participate in the development of in vitro/in vivo models by performing a variety of microplate assays independently with minimal supervision; Configure, program and troubleshoot laboratory automated platforms; Optimize existing automated processes to improve efficiency, throughput, robustness and quality. Perform literature search, routine data management, tabulate & graph results, support regulatory efforts & manage lab supplies, safety, equipment.
Required: Background in medical device or pharma & exp in preclinical and clinical research is a must. Also required, background in biochemical analysis such as spectrophotometric, fluorescence immuno assays, HPLC, CE, LC-MS. exp w/ microplate assays is must and experience with Luminex MapX technology is a plus. BS + 3 yrs work exp or MS + 1 yr exp and exp in writing reports & SOPs, knowledge of statistical software like Excel, GraphPad, Prism & Softmax Pro and hands-on exp in automation & liquid handling in a bioanalytical lab is required.
Senior scientist role requires 5+ years work experience.
Senior Scientist/ Dir – S. San Francisco, CA
Senior Scientist/ Director/ VP (commensurate with experience)
An early stage biotechnology startup with patented technology for engineering mammalian cells to vastly increase productivity for therapeutic proteins & disrupt biologics manufacturing, has two exciting openings. (The company has backing from J&J).
Job Functions: The work will involve vector design & preparation, transfection, cell culture, cloning & screening, flow cytometry & other related molecular and cellular biology techniques. Collaboration with co-workers & pharmaceutical company customers is essential for this position.
Requirements: Candidate is required to have Ph.D. plus multiple years of experience with cell line creation, mammalian cell culture expertise, know regulatory landscape related to creating & testing cells for GMP manufacturing; exp. with molecular biology techniques for creating vectors & transfecting cells: exp with protein assays, with a goal to further develop the technology toward full commercialization. Experience with flow cytometry, cell banking, transposase transfection methods a huge plus.
There is immediate opportunity for Manufacturing Engineer in San Jose, CA, in a well funded startup by a veteran leader with a world class team.
Senior & Junior Mechanical Engineers – San Jose, CA
A bay area company with world class team, has an exciting opening for Senior & Junior Mechanical Engineers to design, develop & validate semi or fully automated equipment used for scale-up of high volume, disposable devices.
Responsibilities: Develop concepts & ideas for improving tooling, create new tooling, evaluate current manufacturing processes & workflows, take ownership of design, create User Requirements Specs, conduct concept reviews, show proof of concept through prototyping, support test data, coordinate with stakeholders for V&V, launch & documentation, created 3D models, engineering drawings & bills of materials, participate in design FMEA, plan to mitigate risks, and work with outside vendors, machine shops, contract manufacturers.
Requirements: BS in ME plus 3 to 13 years of medical device industry experience with complex mechanical/ electromechanical design, extensive experience with precision mechanisms pneumatics, servo systems, tooling/ fixtures, motors, belts/ pulleys, gears, actuators, sensors and experience creating engineering drawings, BOMs, products specs is required. Also required knowledge of material properties, heat treatment & surface finish, understanding of DFM & lean manufacturing, and track record with medical device manufacturing methods, RDA reqgulations, ISO, cGMP & QMS standards is required. MS in ME, experience with plastic injection molding, knowledge of DOE, SPC, JMP/ Minitab, experience with metal stamping, laser cutting, chemical etching, familiarity with sterilization process & aseptic environment and PLC programming would be a big plus.
Mechanical Engineer R&D – San Jose, CA
Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for evaluating and improving the current drug delivery system by testing and optimizing components or sub-assemblies as needed. He/she will work with quality & regulatory to develop complete documentation for the device.
Responsibilities: Evaluate current design & identify opportunities for improvement, show proof of concept through prototyping and supporting test data, document internal design control SOPs, lead V&V activities, create 3D models, engineering drawings & bill of materials, create work instructions & manufacturing SOP’s, work with quality, and outside vendors, machine shops, contract manufacturers and comply with company’s policies & guidelines regarding quality & regulatory.
Qualifications: BS in ME + 5 years hands’on experience in medical device design environment, experience with creating engineering drawings, BOMs, product specs, experience with implementing product into manufacturing, knowledge of FDA regulations & ISO, cGMP, QMS standards, understanding of DFM & lean manufacturing, experience with machine shop tools & SolidWorks. Master’s degree in ME or BME and/or experience with plastic injection molding, a huge plus.
Senior Catheter Design Engineer – S. San Jose, CA
There is an immediate opportunity for a Senior Catheter Design Engineer with 15 to 20 years experience in catheter design engineering in a stealth mode company that is less than 2 years away from getting its first two devices 510 K approved and launched. The company is led by a visionary leader and has highly experienced engineering and management team. This a hug opportunity to participate at grounds level in what is a truly exciting and game changing technology that is poised to change the quality of care of cardiac patients, with a potential to save millions of healthcare dollars, on regular basis. Experience is IVUS engineering a huge plus.
Manufacturing/ Test/ Quality Engineer – S. San Jose, CA
A stealth mode cardiovascular company with experienced engineering team, led by a serial entrepreneur, has an immediate opening for Manufaturing/ Test/ Quality Engineer. This requires 10 plus years experience in the filed of catheter engineering.
Catheter Design Mechanical Engineer – S. San Jose, CA
A stealth mode cardiovascular company, led by a serial entrepreneur with prior experience in building a company, has an immediate opening for Catheter Design Mechanical Engineer. The position requires 5 to 10 years of experience in catheter engineering, a can do, problem solving attitude, excellent conflict resolution skills and an ability to handle uncertainty.
Program/ Project Manager – S. San Jose, CA
A stealth mode cardiovascular company with world class engineering team, led by a veteran leader with prior experience in building a company, has an opening for Program Manger with experience of working in catheter engineering industry and a demonstrated history of managing projects all the way from conceptualization, team building, cost estimation, implementation, regulatory 510 (K) approval, and production support to launch. Experience in catheter engineering and leading 510K approval program is absolutely essential.
Supply Chain Management/ Strategy Leader – S. San Jose, CA
A stealth mode startup with exciting technology with potential to alter the quality of care of cardiac patients is looking for Supply chain management/ strategy leader. This position requires extensive experience across the end to end supply chain spectrum in Class 3 medical device industry. It requires proven track record of significant contributions to cost reduction and productivity improvement and experience in cross-functional leadership.
For the opportunities below, please send resume at wd_darshana at hotmail dot com. Please indicate in the email how closely the job description matches your background and identify gaps, if any. Also, indicate your current compensation and compensation expectations. Please note: With the exception of the opportunities in China, other opportunities are only for local US based candidates, with valid US work visa (when need arises for applicants from other countries, I mention that under that specific opportunity).
Director of Product Portfolio Management – China
A leading biopharmaceutical company in China, with a goal to bring best products at local prices to Chinese populace, has an immediate opening for Director of Product Portfolio Management, in beautiful Suzhou, China. See details below. Compensation includes attractive benefits package + salary + stock options + an opportunity to work in state of the art facility & make real impact..
A candidate must have a Ph.D. degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biology or related disciplines and over 15 years of industry experience (or equivalent) of developing biologics, drug products and new formulations for various therapeutic areas for China and international markets.
* Demonstrated records of leading domestic and international generic drug product development that resulted in recent regulatory approvals in China, US or Europe
* Broad knowledge and experience about biologic drug product development including strategies and approaches, medical and market needs, and regulatory requirements in China and other major markets
* Extensive network with leading researchers in the research institutes and the industry who are engaged in biologics and innovative drug product development
* Excellent written and verbal language skills for communication in both Chinese and English
This position, based in Suzhou, China, will report to the CEO and be responsible for leading the Product Portfolio Management Department to develop and manage drug product development portfolio for the company. A successful candidate will lead the department to leverage internal and external resources, establish and progress drug product development portfolio in alignment with company’s short term and long term business strategies and objectives.
* Build and lead the department comprised of functions including patent search, intellectual propriety (IP), product selection, cost analysis, budget planning and project management
* Collaborate with the marketing, medical, regulatory departments and manufacturing facilities to gain in-depth understanding of business needs, regulatory constraints and manufacturing facilities and capabilities
* Lead to establish R&D strategies in alignment with corporate business strategies by fully considering medical needs and marketing trends in different therapeutic areas, business priorities, regulatory constraints and manufacturing facilities and capabilities
Director of Analytical Research and Development – China
A leading biopharmaceutical company in China, with a goal to bring best products at local prices to Chinese populace, has an immediate opening for Director of Analytical Research & Development, in beautiful Suzhou, China. See details below. Compensation includes attractive benefits package + salary + stock options + an opportunity to work in state of the art facility & make real impact.
* A candidate should have a Ph.D. degree in analytical chemistry or related disciplines with more than 10 years of industry experience (or equivalent) in providing analytical support to API and drug product development.
* Demonstrated records of leading analytical development that resulted in recent regulatory approvals in China, US or Europe
* Extensive experience of establishing and implementing analytical control strategies (including specifications) and stability studies for innovative or generic drugs developed using scientific and systematic approaches
* In-depth understanding and practical experiences of implementing and operating under quality and regulatory requirements supported by successful passing GMP inspection and pre-approval Inspection
* Excellent written and verbal language skills for communication in both Chinese and English
Overall Responsibilities: This position will report to the Vice President of Quality, & be responsible for establishing and leading the Analytical R&D to support biological API, drug product and new formulation development for technology transfer, clinical supply manufacturing, domestic and international product registration and commercial manufacturing. A successful candidate will lead the department in collaboration with internal stakeholders and external partners to ensure drug product project progression, cost control and timeline while all technical, quality and regulatory expectations and requirements are met.
* Establish and lead the Analytical Research and Development Department responsible for providing analytical support to API and drug product development portfolio
* Establish analytical laboratories by designing proper layout, equipping with analytical instrumentation necessary to support API, product and process development
* Build analytical teams with strong expertise to support API development including raw material testing, in-process control, API solid form and particle size control, and release testing as well as drug product development including excipient testing, in-process control and finish product release testing for conventional dosage forms (e.g., oral solid IR and MR, sterile products) and innovative drug delivery systems
* Implement standard operating procedures (SOPs) and best practices for analytical development activities and ensure technical, quality and compliance requirements are met
* Direct and ensure analytical project teams establish analytical control strategies, develop, qualify and validate analytical methods for API and drug product development, clinical supply manufacturing, registration and commercial manufacturing
* Project, identify, allocate and manage internal and external resources (including academic research institutes, CROs, and parent companies) needed to deliver analytical support to meet established timeline within budget
* Support regulatory submission, query responses and pre-approval inspections to ensure regulatory approvals
* Establish a good working relationship with regulatory agencies in China and other major markets. Participate and lead technical based engagement such as dialogues with regulatory agencies through industry associations
* Initiate and lead technical collaboration with external partners (including academic research institutes, CROs, and parent companies) to develop new analytical technologies or novel applications
* Provide technical assessment including due diligence to support business development opportunities
* Develop a training program for the department to ensure all essential training needs for technology, quality and compliance are provided
Director of Quality Assurance – Suzhou, China
A leading biopharmaceutical company in China, with a goal to bring best products at local prices to Chinese populace, has an immediate opening for Director of Quality Assurance, in beautiful Suzhou, China. See details below.
Reports to Corporate Legal Representative (as specified by law in China)
Direct reports – Manager of Documentation
Requirements: BS and 10+ years experience in QA for monoclonal antibodies & other recombinant proteins. Should be technical expert in QA & cGMP compliance including technical issues related in the manufacturing, testing & characterization of recombinant proteins; must have technical background to evaluate issues based on the science and not rely solely on historical precedent; must have experience in development of biopharmaceutical products for registration in the US and Europe, including experience in the preparation of documents that support regulatory submissions. Chinese language skill is a plus.
Responsibilities: Oversee Quality Assurance functions pertaining to release of drug substance & drug products; responsible for the controlled document system and the documents within the system including batch records, SOPs, validation records & other controlled documents; translating goals into action plan. Also responsible for staff development including cGMP training; ensure compliance with company policies & maintain safe work environment.
Project Manager – Pleasanton, CA
Innovative medical device company located in Pleasanton CA, has an immediate opening for hands-on project manager. Experience with drug coated medical devices, drug coated balloon catheters, drug coated stents etc. highly preferred. Also preferred mix of high level contributor who can work in the lab, doing studies, testing, process improvements, documentation etc. will be highly desirable. Salary will be competitive and range between $120 to $150 K base, plus bonus.
Senior Electrical Engineer with Implantable Device Experience – Fremont, CA
There is an immediate opening in an exciting startup with innovative technology with a huge potential. Requirements: EE background, medical device experience, and circuit design, FPGA, Verilog design, and schematic drawing experience required. Need to be hands-on and will be working on a controller. Pay will be in $130K range.
Catheter Engineer – Fremont, CA
Innovative medical device startup, located in Fremont, has an immediate opening for catheter engineer with 5-10 years baloon catheter development experience. Salary will be commensurate with experience and will be in $100-$130 range.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer/ Manager – Sunnyvale, CA
Requirements include: Class 3, implantable, catheter, drug device combination products type of medical device experience.
Project Manager – Pleasanton, CA
Immediate opening for senior level project manager with medical device background. Class III, drug coated device experience absolutely required.
Senior Python Automation Engineer – CA
There is an immediate opportunity for Senior Python Automation Engineer with 3+ years of Network Engineering experience (In Layer 2 and Layer 3 of networking protocols and features).
Biostatistician: Southern CA
There is an immediate opening for Biostatistician, with an innovative medical device company, located in Southern CA. The position requires clinical experience. The company is a leading developer of emerging microelectronic technologies that modulate nerve activity to treat disabling disorders, including chronic pain, depression, urinary incontinence and so on.
– Act as a leader and subject matter expert for clinical study design and analysis.
– Collaborate with the rest of the Biostatistics & Data Sciences group on developing data collection and analysis strategies.
– Work closely with the Research Scientist, Project Manager, and Medical Director on development and execution of a range of clinical programs, including Feasibility, Pivotal, and Post-Market.
– Effectively communicate recommendations based on complex statistical concepts to Senior Leadership.
– Oversee and ensure the statistical integrity of all clinical programs.
– Lead the development and oversee the execution of the statistical analysis plans.
– Oversee the activities of the supporting Statistical Programmers in their implementation of statistical analysis plans.
– Represents Biostatistics on study teams and communicates with management and other team members regarding project/study status and timeline update
– Lead publication efforts in regards to data analysis and study results.
– Ensures the quality-controlled production of all tables, listings and graphs for clinical documents and publications.
– Independently lead research projects based on theoretical methodologies and/or publicly-available datasets to drive publications related to Biostatistics.
– Develop meta-analysis for existing clinical literature to enable data-driven strategic decisions for clinical program development and to support regulatory submissions.
– Collaborate with non-clinical colleagues (e.g. R&D, Marketing) on special projects.
– Ph.D. in Biostatistics/Statistics or a field with a comparable quantitative/statistical emphasis
– 2 years experience in Biostatistics/Statistics research
– Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
– Excellent communication and presentation skills
– Strong independent statistics research skills
– Intermediate knowledge of SAS programming
– Excellent knowledge of experiment design and data analysis.
Marketing Product Manager – Southern CA
Global medical technology company and a leading developer of microelectronic technologies that modulate nerve activity to treat disabling disorders, including chronic pain has an immediate opening for Product Manager, at its Southern CA location. The Marketing Product Manager will be involved in all aspects of developing and launching devices.
Principle activities include:
– Working closely with cross-functional product development teams and generating voice-of-the-customer marketing specifications for product development
– Collecting feedback from customers throughout product development
– Supporting product commercialization activities across multiple internal and external groups such as design, packaging and labeling, regulatory claims, surgical technique generation, sales force education and operations planning.
– Developing and conducting market research
– Acquiring and analyzing feedback from key opinion leaders, current and potential customers, third party market research and internal stakeholders
– Possessing an in-depth knowledge of the healthcare industry in general and more specifically, the segments targeted by assigned products
– Participating and supporting a comprehensive launch plan and strategy for new product(s)
– Creating and implementing market development strategies to target key customers
– Developing product positioning, marketing messaging, and related marketing collateral
– Establishing relationships with key opinion leaders in the field
– Developing sales and physician education program
– M.B.A. or advanced degree strongly preferred
– Minimum BS degree.
– Degree in engineering or life sciences a plus
– 1+ years minimum experience of increasing responsibility in a marketing role
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES:
– Medical device industry experience strongly preferred; experience with Class III devices preferred. Technical or neurostimulation research focus.
– New product development or product management experience preferred
– Previous product launch experience
– Strong analytic and strategic thinking ability
– Ability to complete assignments of an advanced degree of complexity, working under little supervision on specific tasks or projects
Solidworks Drafter/ Designer – Southern, CA
Review and verify drawings Per ASME Y14.5M-2006 and Corporate Standard using ePDM system. Provide drafting and tool design support to the manufacturing, equipment design, process development groups. Create all appropriate mechanical drawings and appropriate documents. Create and implement technical studies & equipment installation qualifications.
– Model product concepts using current tool, analysis techniques, and technologies through use of parametric CAD software and other mechanisms. Designs components or portions of systems and modifies existing designs to develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations.
– Perform Mechanical design/redesign of medical device products applying industry standards (e.g. ASME Y14.5M-1994) to detail drawings. Drafts tools and /or machines of varying types for use in the manufacture of company products.
– Create/modify/maintain documentation using tools that are tied to a data management system. Utilizes computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools such as, CAD, CAM or Solid Works.
– Provide support for OEM device documentation and Bill of Material structure support.
– Completes document packages by detailing parts and creating BOM and schematics following layouts, sketches and verbal instructions to ensure that all of the needed documentation is available for manufacturing process. Gathers information, makes studies, computes calculations, and prepares original rough layouts, sketches to present design proposal.
– Reviews and verifies design work of peers to check for compliance with standards and corporate procedures. Coordinates design criteria with engineering, manufacturing, tooling, material, and planning group such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials, and contractual specifications.
– Recommend: May review engineering order (EO) package by reading information on EOs (e.g. document description) and supplemental information (e.g., preliminary sketch) in order to identify missing information.
– May generate engineering change orders (ECOs). (CRM)
– May provide illustrations, animation and web publishing solutions that allow communication of 2D/3D product information for interactive assembly, maintenance/ restoration of documentation, product presentations and Federal and International compliance.
– Prepares and implement installation qualification protocols, and preventive maintenance procedures.
– Set up new equipment, ensures its satisfactory operation and instructs others to use the equipment properly.
– Participate in a team environment to enhance processes and product performance.
– 5 years of experience working with SolidWorks in designing fixtures and tools.
– Familiar with ePDM
– Good understanding of the ASME Y14.5M