Posts Tagged polymers
Please see some of my current opportunities below. All opportunities are for local candidates with valid work visa and most require deep industry experience. Contract opportunities are posted at the bottom. If you have an interest then please send an email (resume as an attachment) at wd_darshana at hot mail dot com. Please bookmark and keep checking here for updates on new opportunities.
Director of Assay Development – Palo Alto, CA
There is an exciting opportunity for Director of Assay Development in a VC backed startup based in Palo Alto, CA. Company is developing unique diagnostic platform to quantify salivary biomarkers for variety of diseases & physiological conditions. Candidate will work closely with electrical engineers to transform an oligonucleotide-based assay from optical measurements to electrical measurements on company’s proprietary platform & will play a key role in development of a high throughput assay for clinical R&D studies.
Qualifications: Experience in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field w/ method development focus; data analysis & management skills; knowledge of oligonucleotide-based assay & application on biosensor based Field-Effect Transistor (Bio-FET) for developing in-vitro diagnostic device; Expertise in assay devt & validation methods, in design & prosecution of in vitro bio-recognition -based assays, and 3-5 years of hands-on exp in biomarker quantification using a variety of biophysical techniques. Aptamer-related experience is advantageous.
Responsibilities: Manage team of lab researchers; Assist with data prep for analysis & reporting; Maintain lab equipment functionality; Track inventory, lab records, good lab practice (GLP) and safety; & Troubleshoot; Adapt assays to multiple platforms & optimize biosensing measurements; Validate biochemical assays & biomarker quantification; Develop & set-up biochemical & in vitro assay for high throughput platforms; Train team members; Provide technical information, experimental assay design & data analysis to team members.
Senior Scientist of Assay Application – Palo Alto, CA
There is an exciting opportunity for Senior Scientist of Assay Application, in a VC backed startup based in Palo Alto, CA. Company is developing unique diagnostic platform to quantify salivary biomarkers for variety of diseases & physiological conditions.
Qualifications: Experience in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field w/ method development focus; data analysis skills; experience in protein and nucleic acid work using binding assays molecular interaction analysis (e.g. ELISA, SPR, FRET), protein microarray and surface chemistry. Aptamer-related experience is advantageous.
Responsibilities: Assist w/ data preparation for analysis & reporting; Manage lab – inventory, records, equipment functions & safety; Troubleshoot bench work; Assay Development, design & analysis; Work multidisciplinary team to design, develop & optimize assays & devices (optical and electrical); Adapt assays to multiple platforms & optimize biosensing measurements.; Validate biochemical assays for biomarker quantification; Facilitate technical communications between engineer and assay development teams.
Mechanical Engineer – Santa Cruz, CA
Company focusing on an array of brain computer interface devices to address a range of neurological problems has an opening for Mechanical engineer.
Head of Manufacturing Engineering – San Jose, CA
There is an exciting opportunity for Head of Manufacturing Engineering in San Jose, CA. This is an exciting opportunity with high potential.
Responsibilities include, implementing pilot manufacturing line, develop components & assembly manufacturing processes including materials science and selection, develop processes for injection molding, conventional & novel polymers, micro-product molding, converting & sealing plastic films, micro-tablet compression, clean room processing & large molecule processing.
Required: BS in Engineering plus 12+ years of mechanical engineering experience in medical device industry. Any of the following, highly desired: Experience in consumer product medical device, pharmaceutical (transdermal and solid dosage), and combination product design, manufacturing process development, manufacturing equipment design and development, pharmaceutical and sterile device packaging development, 3-D metal and plastic product design, tooling design and fabrication, injection mold design and fabrication, CNC and g-code programming, production engineering management, maintenance management, manufacturing management, and project management and experience in new product launches through heritage product manufacturing.
Software Engineer – Santa Cruz, CA
Company focusing on an array of brain computer interface devices to address a range of neurological problems has an opening for SW engineer. Embedded microprocessor experience and windows app experience is required. Highly preferred, design/coding experience for embedded systems with wearable/motor-driven devices.
CFO – San Jose, CA
There is an exciting opportunity for CFO for a company, in San Jose – CA. Found by a veteran leader the company focuses on disruptive drug delivery platform technology. 15+ years M&A and licensing deals experience in bio/pharma industry is required.
Director of Program/ Project Management – Santa Cruz, CA
There is an exciting opportunity for Director of Program/ Project Management for a company located in Santa Cruz – CA. This company is found by a veteran leader and focuses on an array of brain computer interface devices to address a range of neurological problems. Candidate is required to have 4+ years of medical device program or project management experience in electromechanical systems area.
Head of Regulatory – San Jose, CA
There is an exciting opportunity for Head of Regulatory for a company, in San Jose – CA. Candidate must have 15+ years experience in bio/pharma industry. Experience working with biologics and taking a drug to market in the US and EU is essential.
Design QA Scientist – Pleasanton, CA.
Responsibilities: Support DQA Principal Scientists and Project teams; Review & approve documentation consistent with design control regulations; technical verification, risk; Assist DQA project team to assess completion of milestone deliverables; Assist in the review and development of high SOPs; Support audits/inspections; Other duties as requested.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related scientific discipline, or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
Preferred: Job-related Professional License(s) or Certification(s) and 5 Years Development, Manufacturing and/or Quality Assurance experience under established quality regulations.
Clinical Research Associate II – California
Responsibilities include, participate in design, planning, implementation and overall direction of clinical research projects; ensure compliance with the overall scientific study objectives; work with international investigators and key customers as well; Travel to field sites to monitor studies; Receive general instructions; plans and prepare studies; Review study protocols, report manuscripts; Contribute technical & clinical operations expertise for these documents; Work with Data Management & Biostatistics staff on the design of documents and processes for the collection of study data from participating sites; Collect & maintain legal and regulatory documentation, as applicable; Assume responsibility for training & coordinating certification of study site personnel; Ensure accurate and complete study management/data collection and transfer to data management; Ensure site compliance with regulations and study protocol; Monitor the sites and provide technical assistance, as necessary; Assist, prepare and manages study timelines; Manage material logistics for the studies; Conduct reference material testing in-house. Organize investigator meetings, as necessary; Participate in Project Team Meetings; Keep informed of trends and developments in clinical research; Know & effectively use the broad concepts of a particular field or speicalization to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity; Analyze alternative approaches to solve problems or devleop new perspectives & existing solutions. Bachelors degree in a scientific discipline or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience is required. Certificate of completion of sections 1 through 6 is required. Minimum 2-6 years of relevant clinical research experience and knowledge of regulations and guidelines is required.
Clerk – San Jose/ Santa Clara, CA
There is an opportunity for a Clerk in a biomed company, located in San Jose/ Santa Clara, CA area.
Responsibilities: Follow standard operating procedures to enter orders for high complexity clinical lab tests; Be responsible for efficient and accurate entry of customer and patient demographic data, clinical information, test request information and physician information; Review, understanding, and executing customer-specific requirements for order entry; Create service requests in CRM system to document issues and work closely with client service team to resolve and escalate incomplete or unclear order issues; Check work of others to ensure order entry quality; Troubleshoot problems & assist employees with process questions; Fax requests to customers to resolve unclear orders; Run queue reports to ensure daily tasks are completed; Assist account set up administration; Act as training resource for department employees; execute process improvement recommendations; Retrieve forms from lab; Escalate issues to appropriate internal resources; Interact with Finance team to provide patient billing information in a secure manner.
Skills: 2+ years experience working in the clinical laboratory, medical, order management, or related field; Experience using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software (e.g. NetSuite, Salesforce.com), laboratory information systems. Microsoft Office Suite a plus. Must be able to follow laboratory procedures and must adhere to the laboratory quality control policies; Ability to identify & act on issues within an order that may impact customer satisfaction & test turnaround time; Must be able to type 45 words per minute with excellent accuracy; Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
RMD Biospecimen Scientist – Pleasanton, CA — 6 mo. contract
The BioSpecimen Management (BSM) Scientist position will facilitate the daily operations associated with providing the best-in-class simple biological solutions to customers. Biospecimen solutions include acquisition, characterization, and management of biological materials, and build of select panels fit for purpose for RMD research. Responsibilities include deliver simple, efficient solutions, facilitate receipt of shipments of human biological samples, verify sample integrity and data accuracy, process (centrifuge, aliquot, and pool) samples, consolidate inventory, retrieve and distribute samples, maintain inventory of supplies and ships supplies and facilitate routine activities in the build of custom panels, in close communication with team members. Also includes, responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of all assigned projects, tasks and related activities, accontablity for electronic records management, use of validated systems, and keep supervisor informed of project status. Requires, Associate degree or certification in Biological Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education & experience, experience handling biological samples, understanding of good laboratory, data and documentation practices, and experience with basic computer application.
Scientist 1 – Pleasanton, CA: 6+ Months Contract
This opportunity is with NGS workflow controls for the RSS assay development team that identifies and tests cutting edge reagents, technologies or protocols that are supporting the development of products in Oncology, Genetics, Infectious Disease and Automation/Sample Preparation. Areas of interest include short and long read sequencing technologies, low input and difficult sample preparation methods and creating integrated workflows. Candidates must be able to work in a collaborative, exciting, and fast-paced team environment.
Responsibilities: Operate & maintain equipment, interact with LIMS databases, complete projects in a timely fashion, research & development, and give presentations at weekly meetings. Additional responsibilities: Operation of different genomics analysis technologies such as next-gen sequencing, microarrays, real time PCR and ancillary equipment for quality control and validation; Develop, validate & apply methods for various genomics methods mainly focused on sequencing; Process include nucleic acid isolation and quantification, PCR amplification, library preparation, plate normalizations and Work with senior personnel, perform early development activity to create new workflows that are robust, cost-effective and time efficient; Collaborate with R&D to transfer new assays and methods to automation platforms; Work closely with IT group and instrument vendors to develop and implement automated workflows; Accurately and consistently record experimental methods, materials & results in electronic laboratory notebooks; Analyze data, evaluates results, form conclusions, and determine future experiments; Present findings or comprehensive project status reviews at internal/external seminars/meetings; Apply advanced technical writing & graphical skills to produce reports & documents; Prepare summaries, reports, presentations, manuscripts, etc.; Present early development work including scientific background information & project updates at internal staff meetings and at cross-functional team meetings; Determine all chemicals, reagents & supplies needed for a project; develop a strong knowledge of all related third-party vendors and their technologies and products; Establish and maintain productive relationship with personnel in development; orient & trains new Research Technicians & peers.
Requirements: Strong Molecular Biology background or Biochemistry or Immunology background with strong knowledge of Molecular Biology; Experience performing next-generation sequencing methods (Exome, whole genome, RNA sequencing) a plus; Bachelor of Science with a minimum of 2 years of lab experience.
Please see below opportunities and send resume as an attachment to wd_darshana at hotmail dot. My imminent openings are for Senior Electrical, Mechanical, Quality and Software Engineering – all with strong medical device experience. Please also notice contract opportunities at the end. All US opportunities are for US based and local candidates. When sending a resume, please mention job you are interested in, in the subject line and in the email include a brief summary of how best the job description matches your background and where the gaps are.
Director of Mechanical Engineering – San Jose, CA
Requires 20+ years experience in polymers, balloons manufacturing. Complete details will be posted soon.
Mechanical Engineer – San Jose, CA
Requires 5+ years medical device experience. Details will be posted soon.
Quality Engineer – San Jose, CA
Requires BS in Engineering and 10+ years medical device QE experience. Details coming soon.
Physiologist – San Jose, CA
Requires large animals survival surgery experience. Details coming soon.
Biochemist – San Jose, CA
Requires PhD + 3-5 years industry experience. Details will be posted soon.
Ruby on Rails Engineer – San Mateo, CA
Senior Electrical Engineer – Austin/ San Antonio – TX
A company working on innovative range of products, has an immediate opening for senior electrical engineer with class III device experience. Experience with closed loop, analog design hardware, microcontrollers, actuators and ultra low power consumption circuit design highly desired.
* Lead Electrical Engineering, primarily for long-term implantable drug delivery devices:
* on R&D- design and development of implantable and associated wearable and external hardware using mixed signal- analog and digital techniques, sensors and actuators and closed-loop control systems
* Manufacturing including process development, qualification and validation, IQ, OQ, PQ, part/component selection, sterilization and packaging development and validation esp for implantable electronics
* Develop Class III implantable electronics to be compliant with regulatory and QA standards (FDA and ISO), as well as be power-efficient, reliable for multi-year operation and pass EMI/RFI, be hermetically sealed and packaged and interface with rest of electronics systems for developed products
* Establish reliable suppliers and partners for manufacturing
* Work in a matrixed and multidisciplinary organizational structure to support multiple projects and technologies following appropriate QA system for each segment
* Document work output and use project and organizational documentation systems, including electronic systems
* Plan for and support existing and projected growth of the company.
* Designed and implemented electronics mixed-signal hardware, firmware and software for implantable medical devices and drugs. Combinatorial device and Class III experience desirable. 10-15 15 years desirable
* Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or in an equivalent field required
* Led and grown EE groups with a hands-on, leadership- by-example approach
* Demonstrated working experience and accomplishments with electronics hardware and software- analog/digital, sensors/actuators. Developed, selected and qualified sensors for both implantable device function and for measuring physiological parameters
* Familiarity and experience with other implantable device components such as connectors, leads, cables, interconnects, headers, electronics packaging, communication protocols and standards. Real-time microcontroller programming a plus.
* Excellent and demonstrated grasp and use EDA tools: sensor/circuit design, simulation, layout. Hands-on re: circuit and system prototyping and development
* Developed and implemented manufacturability, and related process flows and controls. Selected and qualified vendors for manufacturing Class III implantable device electronics.
* Working knowledge of biomaterials, drugs, drug delivery, and mechanical technologies in support of multidisciplinary teams: engineering, biological, manufacturing, regulatory, intellectual property, clinical and business.
* Strong technical and hands-on skills with demonstrated ability to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of varying scope and complexity
* Analytical data-driven problem solver and team player, organized and an excellent communicator
* Supported multiple complex projects in a start-up environment: able to prioritize.
Key Job Parameters
* Full-time position located near Austin/ San Antonio, Texas
* Some travel (~10%) may be necessary to meet job responsibilities
* Report to VP, Product Development
Senior Design Engineer with Embedded Hardware & Firmware Skills – Santa Clara, CA
A reputed contract engineering company has an immediate full time opportunity for a Senior Design Engineer with Embedded Hardware & Firmware Skills. A rounded individual is desired who has an interest and ability in a wide range of technologies. The successful candidate will lead a group of engineers from time-to-time and may be required to act as the primary interface to the customers at times. The company designs devices, firmware, and software for other companies and has a reputation for quick response with high quality work. The person must enjoy working with customers and have good communication skills. The person must work well on a team of high performing engineers. The person needs to be organized. The person must work well with others and be flexible as schedules and priorities change.
Technical requirements: Ten years of experience in embedded system design engineering is required. Ability to supervise others is highly desired. The person should have experience designing circuits with microprocessors from PIC to ARM, FPGAs, Bluetooth, and WiFi as well as experience with programming in C or C++ on these devices. The person must enjoy learning and be able to learn quickly. The ability to design and program FPGAs is desired.
This could be a work-at-home job, or work at the company site, in Santa Clara, CA.
QUALITY ENGINEER – Santa Cruz, CA
See full description in March Job posting.
Senior Quality Engineer – Austin/ San Antonio – TX
A company working on innovative drug delivery technology has an immediate opening for senior quality engineer. Great opportunity to work at grounds level and grow into leadership role, in addition to the upside of stocks.
* Lead QA for: R&D- design, development, V&V phases including hazard/risk analysis and mitigation, DOE and related statistical design and analyses, GDT, design reviews, audits/compliance; Manufacturing including process development, qualification and validation, IQ, OQ, PQ, part/component selection, sterilization and packaging development and validation
* Develop and implement QA systems to be compliant with applicable international and national standards such as ISO 13485 and regulatory requirements of FDA CFR 820 and other bodies for Class III implantables
* Implement productive relationships with R&D and manufacturing suppliers and partners
* Work in a matrixed organizational structure to support company’s facilities, including the respective incubated companies, projects and technologies with an appropriate QA system for each segment
* Educate colleagues and support in-house uptake & implementation of these systems organization-wide* Support the following functions: Regulatory Affairs: provide appropriate documentation and materials to support filings for US and international trials and approvals; Intellectual Property: supporting documentation; Business and Commercialization, including due diligence documentation
* Develop & implement documentation systems for these business functions, including electronic systems, with help of to –be-hired Documentation Specialist
* Designed and implemented QA systems for implantable medical devices and drugs. Combinatorial device and Class III experience desirable. At least 10 years experience, >15 years desirable*
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or in an equivalent field required, with ASQ certification (CQE, CRE, CQM, CSSBB) desirable
* Led and grown QA organizations with a hands-on, leadership- by-example approach
* Demonstrated working experience with electronics hardware and software, biomaterials, drugs, drug delivery, and mechanical technologies while supporting multidisciplinary teams: engineering, biological, manufacturing, regulatory, intellectual property, clinical and business.
* Excellent and demonstrated grasp and use of statistics in R&D and manufacturing including DOE
* Supported multiple complex projects and start-ups: able to prioritize.
* Developed and implemented design controls, documentation, and design procedures, protocols
* Developed and implemented manufacturability, and related process flows and controls, and selected qualified vendors to manufacture Class III implantable devices
* Strong technical skills with demonstrated ability to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of varying scope and complexity
* Analytical data-driven problem solver and team player, organized and an excellent communicator
Key Job Parameters
* Full-time position located in Austin/ San Antonio, Texas
* Some travel (~10%) may be necessary to meet job responsibilities
* Report to VP, Product Development
Contract Opportunities with skills in following areas – San Jose, CA
* Electrical Engineering & Software
* Analog Design
* PCB Layout (FR4, Flex etc.)
* ASIC Design
* Embedded Systems
* TI MSP430, ARM, Cypress
* Software (Windows, Linux, C++, Android, iOS)
* RF Communications
* Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 3G, 4G, GPS
* Antenna Design
* RF Test Labs
* Test Engineering
* Test Hardware & Software
* Manufacturing Engineering
* Fixture Design
* DFM, DFT (Design for manufacturing, Design for Testability)
* Process Development
* Machine Shop Support