Posts Tagged job opportunities
R&D Engineer w/ Analytical Instrumentation, Systems Integration Exp – Sunnyvale, CA
There are several exciting opportunities for product development research associate/ technician/ engineers in developing, testing, optimizing and troubleshooting aspects related to novel diagnostics technology platform & to work with novel detection systems, complex fluidic systems and assay optimization on prototypes and automated systems. The compensation will be competitive and includes stock with a huge potential as well as competitive benefits package. Company is found by a veteran leader and focuses on development and commercialization of biochip-based detection platforms for ultra-high sensitivity diagnostics & bioanalytical applications. This role requires working with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, scientists and manufacturing personnel. Part of the activities might be conducted in a BSL2 laboratory area and could involve the handling of human patient fluid samples. Other activities might be conducted in a CER (controlled environment) setting.
Testing, development and optimization of functional biochips, fluidic cartridges & analytical instruments; Support document prep; Use Good Documentation Practices (GDP) while authoring Experimental summaries, DOPs, SOPs, batch records (BRs) and forms (FRs) for various unit operations; Process development & optimization related to biomolecular sensing; Support all aspects of technology transfer to & from development partners; Develop, test & execute QC procedures; Process troubleshooting to determine root cause & find possible engineering solutions.
Requirements: MS in bio-, mechanical-, electrical- or chemical engineering, chem or biochem, or related; 5+ years hands-on R&D, engineering or product development and project/ people management experience. Experience in developing custom equipment by collaborating with external vendors or internal engineering resources; hands-on experience in mechanical design and in building & operating electronic systems; Proficiency in CAD design; Experience w/ statistical analysis software as well as with instrument-oriented programming language(s) (e.g. Python; LabView); Experience with standard biotech laboratory and/or manufacturing equipment & working with biological or biochemical systems (e.g. proteins, nucleic-acids, cells and/or bio-organic molecules); Experienced using diverse analytical instruments e.g. oscilloscopes, DAQ interfaces; Experienced in cGMPs & in authoring DOPs, BRs, FRs; Experience in V&V of instruments and processes; and Knowledge of data analysis methods.
Optics & Photonics Research Scientist/ Engineer w/ microfluidics/ lab-on-a-chip Exp – Sunnyvale CA
This is an exciting opening for interdisciplinary research scientist/ engineer with experience in photonics, material science and/or biological applications product development to work in multi-disciplinary team, in developing, testing, optimizing and troubleshooting aspects related to novel diagnostics technology platform & to work with novel detection systems, complex fluidic systems and assay optimization on prototypes and automated systems. The compensation will be competitive and includes stock with a huge potential as well as a competitive benefits package. Company is founded by a veteran leader & focuses on development & commercialization of biochip-based detection platforms for ultra-high sensitivity diagnostics & bioanalytical applications. Part of the activities might be conducted in a BSL2 laboratory area and could involve the handling of human patient fluid samples. Other activities might be conducted in a CER (controlled environment) setting.
Responsibilities: Support optofluidic platform technology development, & development of single-molecule detection technology with novel reagents & fluidic cartridges, as well as instrumentation for detection, sample preparation & corresponding software; Support diverse aspects related to mid-stage development of a bio-chip based, optofluidic diagnostics platform; Apply diverse knowledge of design principles, practices & implementation in complex systems & assignments; Design, optimize, test, & support validation of optofluidic chips, optical/fluidic interfaces, sample processing technology & instruments, in collaboration with other groups & external suppliers; Develop, evolve & maintain custom optoelectronic systems used for testing and characterizing optofluidic systems; Analyze & present data including images, time traces, assay flows, optical spectrums; Conduct statistical analysis & build/implement/test models for stochastic, high-volume data; Support all aspects of technology transfer to and from internal and external partners; Interface with internal resources and external vendors to design, test & validate equipment.
Requirements: BS/ MS in bio-, mechanical-, electrical- or chemical engineering, chemistry, physics, biochemistry, or related plus 1-5 years hands-on R&D or engineering experience; Extensive theoretical and hands-on experience in optics/photonics; Experience bridging the fields of photonics/optical engineering, microfluidics/lab-on-a-chip & statistics; Exp in design of optical systems (free space & chip based) & in using simulation software eg. ray tracing software for system design & FEM/FDM/BPM etc for chip design: Proficiency in statistical analysis (e.g. Python, JMP, Matlab, etc.) as well as instrument-oriented programming language(s) (e.g. Python; LabView); Experience in using diverse, analytical instruments such as oscilloscopes, DAQ interfaces, UV-VIS spectrometers, scanning electron microscopes (SEMs), fluorescence microscopes, etc. Expertise in optofluidics, Hands on ability to work-with/manipulate/couple optical fiber and respective components, Proficiency with digital/analogue signals & systems; Experience simulating in Multiphysics environments (e.g. Comsol, Lumerical) and Circuit design and simulation experience are all HUGE PLUSES.
Finally, ONLY CANDIDATES PROVIDING A POSITION SPECIFIC COVER LETTER WILL BE CONSIDERED!
Software Engineer w/ experience building products in multi-disciplinary envt – Santa Clara, CA
This is an exciting opening software engineer with experience software & hardware development to design, develop & implement a growing suite of bioanalytical solutions comprised of integrated biochips, proprietary reagents & custom instrumentation. The company is founded by a veteran leader and is developing single molecule detection technology, and is focusing on development & commercialization of biochip-based detection platforms for ultra-high sensitivity diagnostics & bioanalytical applications.
Responsibilities: Lead / Support Software, Firmware & UI development aspects related to the development of novel, diagnostic instrument platforms; Develop control/analysis software for RUO (Research Use Only) & FDA regulated instrumentation; Develop / Contribute to a custom user interface for scientific & medical diagnostic systems; Support all aspects of technology transfer to & from internal & external partners; and work with a multidisciplinary team of experts.
Requirements: B.S. with 3+ years of relevant experience (Level I), B.S./M.S. with 7+ years of relevant experience. (Level III). Requirements also include, Significant experience with instrument-related software engineering using C#; Experience with Python programming; Exp w/ industry coding best practices (Git management, unit testing, documentation, etc; Experience developing, implementing, consuming & supporting contracted APIs. Also preferred: Experience with interface standards (e.g. GraphQL, OpenAPI, etc.); Experience with firmware level interaction (e.g. C). Experience with delivering quality conformant software (e.g. SaMD); Experience with complex data analysis challenges; Ability to develop custom equipment with external vendors and/or internal engineering resources.
Finally, ONLY CANDIDATES PROVIDING A POSITION SPECIFIC COVER LETTER WILL BE CONSIDERED!
Senior Manufacturing Engineer – S. San Jose, CA
Bay Area start-up focusing on improving healthcare delivery through state-of-the-art catheter development has an immediate opening for senior manufacturing enginee, to support the development and production of innovative catheters ensuring high reliability, regulatory adherence, and cost-effective manufacturability.
Requirements: Minimum 10 years history of experience in medical device manufacturing environment; Proficiency in Solidworks; Experience writing protocols & test reports; Experience using inspection and test equipment (vision systems, tensile testing) are required.
Responsibilities: Support manufacturing activities; Spend time on the manufacturing line with the assemblers to improve processes & increase quality; Develop assembly & test fixturing; Create, validate & document new manufacturing processes; Write protocols & test reports; Prepare manufacturing lines for significant scale up; Conduct process verification & validation activities; Initiate failure analysis in manufacturing; Design, write & perform equipment qualifications & process validations; Facilitate transitioning development products to full scale production line; Collaborate with existing suppliers & bring up new ones with an eye towards partnership & efficiency.
Associate Director/Director Validation – SJ /QUALITY – QA TEAM
There is an immediate opportunity for Director of Validation in San Jose, CA in a pharmaceutical company with novel drug delivery technology. The company recently had an IPO event and the stock has held very well and the technology holds promise to be a game changing improvement in the quality of care for many patients. The company has a world class team in place. Director of Validation is a hands-on role responsible for the execution of validation activities: To develop & implement harmonized validation processes & practices; Develop a qualified team; Manage validation/qualification of equipment, facilities, utilities, cleaning, sterilization, automated systems, and computer system validation in a cGMP environment.
Skills & Experiences:
Responsibilities: Ensure development & implementation of validation strategies & internal SOPs; Write & review qualification & validation documents; Lead & support qualification & validation of cGMP equipment, facilities, utility systems, cleaning & manufacturing processes; Develop & maintain risk based, quality driven procedures & practices; Lead risk assessment activities; Identify, hire & develop, manage & support company’s validation expertise; Support change control program with respect to facility, utilities, equipment, cleaning & computerized systems validation changes; Evaluate validation impact of manufacturing process changes & equipment upgrades; Complete activities related to regulatory filings, production schedules and/or customer needs with respect to facilities, utilities, equipment, computer system validation, etc.; Ensure Quality meets or improves on budget, cost & efficiency targets (KPI’s) in line with business objectives; Support QA activities related to the assigned projects, including, but not limited to: internal and external audits, deviations, change control and CAPAs; Other duties/activities may be necessary to support departmental or company goals.
Skills & Experience: BS in life science or engineering; 10+ validation exp in bio/pharma industry; 5+ years of supervisory/managerial experience; Knowledge Good Engineering Practices, FDA Quality System Regulations, ISO Standards (ISO 13485 and ISO 14971) & validation such as GAMP 5, 21 CFR Part 11, and ASTM E2500; Knowledge of international & domestic cGMP regulations for pharmaceutical manufacturing; Technical writing, problem solving & analytical skills; Ability to review, analyze, summarize & interpret data, draw conclusions & make decisions/ recommendations; and Experience in project management.
Quality Assurance – S. SJ
There is an immediate QA position available for support & performance of QA/QS functions/activities and adherence to applicable regulatory standards for medical devices. This is a vascular company founded by a seasoned entrepreneur whose previous company had $1B+ exit. This opportunity will offer competitive salary plus stock with huge potential.
Skills & Experience Required: BS in Science related area; 10+ yrs experience in FDA regulated industry; Exp with Quality Assurance practices & systems; Knowledge of ISO 13485 and FDA 21 CFR 820; MasterControl administration/process ownership; Maintain compliance of a certified QMS related to configuration control, document control, and change control. ASQ Certifications are a plus.
Responsibilities: Support devet & maintenance of QMS, ensuring alignment of corporate operations applicable regulations; Serve as system administrator for MasterControl Electronic Document Management and Training System (EDMS), including responsibility for configuration, user training, account management, training course creation and assignment & assessment of upgrades & patches. Maintain validated state of system throughout system lifecycle. Manage, process & track controlled documents from the Document Change Order (DCO) process until document approval or retirement, including updating related controlled documents; Revise controlled documents as appropriate & ensure timely reviews. Manage electronic approval of records/documents via DocuSign; Monitor & track completion of quality system records including CAPA, Deviation, and NCMR; Monitor training compliance & report any issues to management; Maintain Approved Supplier List (ASL) and ensure supplier files are current; Perform raw data review in support of technical reports and regulatory filings & Issue, track, and perform quarterly audits of laboratory notebooks. Assess corporate operations against quality system regulations, issue identification/ resolution including proper and timely documentation; Prepare quality metrics & reports; Facilitate & conduct internal & external audits; Perform history record review & disposition of device batches. Review/approve facility records as needed (pest control reports, cleaning logs, and environmental monitoring reports & Manage archival of hard-copy records.
Senior Manager CMC, Analytical Development – North San Jose, CA
There is an exciting job opportunity in San Jose, CA, to work on novel projects involving drug-device combinations for treating chronic diseases & participate in method and tech transfer from R&D to Manufacturing as appropriate. This is an exciting opportunity in a rapidly growing company to work with a world class team, on game changing technology with HUGE potential.
Requirements include: BS/MS in sciences PLUS 5+ years relevant bio/pharma experience; biologics analytical development exp in biophysical techniques & analytical characterization of peptides & proteins; solid oral dosage and/or parenteral sustained release formulation exp, exp in process development from early to late phase development; experience of working in GLP/GMP regulated environment, drug-device combination exp; knowledge analytical techniques such as various HPLC modes & detections, LC-MS, CE-SDS, peptide mapping, ELISA, cell-based assays, etc, for product characterization, comparability testing and PK/PD analyses; Exp in method validation and specification setting; Assessing chemical & physical stability of formulations, identifying stability, manufacturability, & performance critical quality attributes. Experience in protein purification & biologic formulation is a plus.
All US based opportunities require valid US work visa and prior experience in biomedical industry. Most of my current needs are in engineering and all engineering opportunities require medical device experience. I have added some other opportunities in science, sales, BD etc.
I will be adding more opportunities. If interested in any opportunities below, please send me an email (resume as an attachment) at wd_darshana at hot mail dot com and include position title in the subject line. Please include in the email, how well the description matches your background and where the gaps are, if any. All leads or referrals are greatly appreciated.
Director of Engineering – San Jose, CA
(Medical device implantable experience and hands-on engineering passion required).
Automatic Test Equipment Engineer – San Jose, CA
Immediately available. Requires medical device experience. Send in resume ASAP.
Manufacturing Quality Engineer – San Jose, CA
Immediately available. Please send in resume ASAP.
Biochemist – San Jose, CA
Requires MS with 6+ years experience or PhD with 3 years experience in Biochem, Molecular Biology or related. Immediately available, send in resume ASAP, if interested.
Quality Assurance Manager – San Jose, CA
Senior Manufacturing Engineer – San Jose, CA
Manufacturing Technician – San Jose, CA
Senior Mechanical Engineer – San Jose, CA
Biologist – San Jose, CA
Software Sales – San Jose, CA
Seed stage company offering a suite of subscription based software products, supported by cloud infrastructure, has an exciting opportunity for software sales professional, to join as member of the core founding team. Although at pre-funding stage, the company is already generating revenues, with massive and growing database of products that can help scientists make environmentally friendly decisions throughout product development life-cycle. Extensive customer relationship experience is required. Familiarity with SciFinder, Reaxys etc. is required.
Engineering Technician – Mt. Laurel, NJ
An innovative medical device company focused on treatment of cardiac diseases, has an exciting opening for Engineering Technician, in Mount Laurel, New Jersey.
Requirements: BS in EE, 3+ years experience as R&D Electrical Engineering Tech/ Testing Engineer, Prior experience in strongly regulated industries (e.g. medical, defense etc.), Prior experience with reliability tests and assembly.
* Conduct all assigned tests, under the direction of a senior engineer.
* Implement reliability test programs and test setups to implement test protocols.
* Conduct and document test protocols in component and system reliability, failure analysis, etc.
* Ensure compliance with regulations including QSR, ISO Standards and corporate policies.
* Specify and purchase components for test setups and prototypes.
* Procure and maintain engineering lab equipment in accordance with quality practices.
Senior Business Development Role – EU
Reporting To: Head – Global BD to manage all aspects of business development across the CRO portfolio of services; secure and retain business through professional, consultative & proactive sales activities directed at key decision makers.
Maintain knowledge of all appropriate cross-sell opportunities; Continued awareness of competitive activities, positioning & pricing; Work with regional & international counterparts to develop & close integrated opportunities; Analyze potential opportunities & develop sales plans for each target account; Develop in-depth knowledge of customer organization; Represent company at various industry conferences & trade shows; Prepare & lead sales presentation; Educate team in customer culture, operational needs/methods & sales techniques; Handle follow-up related to sale & drive completion of contract; Maintain high visibility in customer organization; Monitor customer satisfaction; Record, plan & coordinate customer sales activities in CRM (SALESFORCE) system.
Requirements: BS or MS in Life Sciences – PhD. preferred; 10+ yrs experience in BD / sales for CRO, CMO or related in life sciences; Ideally industry experience in combination of pharma or biotech in discovery research, CMC or commercial manufacturing technical roles; Solid understanding of drug discovery & development process; Track record of achievement in terms of sales goals; Experience working with international clients & colleagues; Ability to visualize & integrate company’s service portfolio across the drug development continuum; Ability to cross-sell & credibly represent company services to clients; Ability to work from home-based office
Additional details: The position is located in EU. Base pay: between 100,000 to 125,000 euros, car: 800 euros per month, VPP: 5% of base pay; Pension benefits: as applicable per country, Designation – Regional Director, BD
Analog Design & Embedded Systems Engineering Leader – San Jose, CA
Innovative, well funded bio-medical startup with disruptive technology has an exciting opportunity for analog design engineering leader, in San Jose, CA. Stock options, in addition to working on something truly exciting and life changing, would be a huge upside in this opportunity. Requirements include, years of steady experience and passion for engineering problem solving, natural ability to take leadership role (MBA not required). This opportunity is immediately available and if you are engineering problem solver then it is one of the most exciting opportunities you may come across.
Leads Engineer – Austin, TX or San Jose, CA
Requires BS in mechanical engineering, related to biomedical engineering and 10+ years medical device experience. Highly desired, experience designing and developing medical products with implantable leads like cardiac pacemaker leads, proficiency in CAD, SolidWorks, and experience with MatLab, hands-on experience for fabricating prototype leads and related fixtures and tooling.
- Design and develop new conceptual leads in groundbreaking fields of medical devices.
- Prototype lead designs and perform preliminary bench top testing
- Develop processes for advanced lead designs
- Develop, document, and implement test protocols for design verification and process validations
- Design tooling for manufacture and assembly of implantable leads
- Support in vivo and clinical evaluation of developed components
EMBEDDED SOFTWARE/FIRMWARE ENGINEER FOR MEDICAL DEVICES – Austin, TX or San Jose, CA
Requires: BS in Electrical or Software Engineering & 5+ years exp designing & developing embedded systems for medical devices; expertise in embedded C/C++, in optimization for performance & memory usage; exp developing apps that run a variety of OS/RTOS targets; working in structured environment w/ source control & bug tracking systems; exp developing low level device drivers for SPI, I2C, USB, LCD, ADC, DAC, exp with variety of CPU architectures (Arm Cortex M3/M4, TI MSP430 etc.; exp w/ board bring-up; effective use of hardware test equipment including logic analyzers, digital storage oscilloscopes, etc. Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office tools.
* Develop firmware for very low-power, battery powered systems consisting of a mix of analog, digital & RF circuitry in highly integrated, low power embedded designs
* Participate in design activities at architectural & implementation levels
* Design & implement error checking & fault handling, robustness & safety features
* Document software design & implementation
* Support V&V testing, work with V&V team to develop test plans & protocols
* Adhere to standards to help ensure compliance with FDA, ISO, AAMI & UL standards.
Director, Quality Assurance – Mt. Laurel, NJ
In the process of getting filled.
Requirements include: Bachelors degree; 10-12 years experience in QA including medical device industry experience and supervisory/ management experience; & Good working knowledge of domestic & international requirements & regulations such as FDA, ISO, GMP etc.
* Work with contract manufacturer to ensure that devices are manufactured in compliance with US and international quality system requirements.
* Participate in product development teams on behalf of Quality Systems. Identify and resolve quality issues throughout product development process to assure successful audits and regulatory filings.
* Review all product complaints and ensure timely reporting of those events to domestic and international regulatory agencies as necessary.
* Schedule, conduct and assist in responding to internal audits , supplier audits and inspections.
* Maintain a functional CAPA system in compliance with applicable regulations
* Maintain ISO 13485:2003 facility registration in accordance with applicable standards.
* Provide guidance and supervision for Shipping/Receiving Clerk as it relates to completion of receiving inspections and other quality related functions.
* Ensure that the Quality Systems function is carried out in accordance with GMP and ISO directives.
* Review and revise quality system documentation to ensure compliance with domestic and international quality and regulatory requirements.
* Manage, supervise and train staff, oversee projects ongoing within departments, carry out departmental administrative duties.
* Schedule and complete timely management review presentations.
* Manage the document services function to ensure that quality systems documents, records and regulatory submissions are controlled.
* Manage product release and non-conforming product activities
* Maintain program to ensure adequate training of personnel on quality system documentation. Work with HR Department on companywide training activities.
* Ensure employees training on the Quality Systems Regulation and key international regulations and standards.
* Manage the program for handling product returns, returned product evaluations (and repair/rework, where applicable), complaints and customer feedback in accordance with internal policies and procedures.
Senior Clinical Research Monitor: Located anywhere (requires 80% travel)
Position Summary: Responsible for data quality & regulatory compliance at US clinical trial investigational sites. This responsibility is carried out by conducting on-site monitoring visits with Investigator & other research personnel. Highly competitive salary.
* Orient site personnel to study protocol/procedures
* Monitor compliance to FDA Regulations & study protocol
* Monitor & promote compliance to local IRB reporting regulations
* Manage study site activities through frequent on-site visits
* Perform initial, interim & closeout study visits
* Communicate findings to investigators & study staff at the site
* Prompt reporting of compliance issues to in-house staff
* Follow-up on all outstanding issues to ensure each matter is addressed in a timely fashion
* Provide timely communication & written reports to the Clinical Affairs department after each monitoring visit
* Schedule on-site monitoring activities & travel in conjunction with company travel policies.
* May be required to supervise additional field monitors
* Up to 80% travel required.
Education and Experience Requirements
* This position requires a RN, BS, or similar degree (CRCC) with at least 5 years experience in monitoring clinical studies. The candidate must be very familiar with all FDA regulations governing IDE clinical trials.
* Experience in cardiac medical device related clinical trials
* Experience in clinical trial data management
Field Clinical Engineer (FCE) – Germany ( several locations: North Bavaria and Thüringen)
Requirements: BS in Engineering, Science or related; 5+years experience with use of invasive cardiovascular medical devices; knowledge of device-based cardiac rhythm & heart failure management; Prior experience working with clinical studies; Ability to quickly analyze & resolve clinical/technical issues; Frequent traveling to investigational sites, corporate offices, investigator meetings & industry meetings.
* Develop a strong rapport with clinical sites by acting as consultants to support the site’s needs.
* Responsible for supporting all field-based activities at clinical sites.
* Drive enrollment by ensuring that investigational sites receive the necessary support in order to enroll, implant, and follow patients in a manner consistent with the clinical protocol.
* Support implant procedures and follow-ups at clinical sites
* Share clinical / technical experiences with other personnel in order to improve understanding of product behavior, improve product performance and product acceptance by customer.
* Communicate activities and issues at clinical sites with other company personnel
* Fulfill all administrative requirements including the collection of relevant technical data and completion of necessary documentation
Senior Electrical Engineer – Mt. Laurel, NJ – may be filled soon
An innovative medical device company focused on treatment of cardiac diseases, has an exciting opening for Senior Electrical Engineer in Mount Laurel, New Jersey.
Requirements: B.S. in EE; 5+ years experience as R&D EE in regulated industries (i.e Medical, defense, etc.); Applications development & PM experience; exp writing protocols, reports, regulatory documents; Understanding of patent applications & processes. Exp in circuit design (Analog & mixed-mode circuits) & with digital signal processing algorithms, a big plus.
* Provide project leadership in product design & specifications, under direction of VP Product Development.
* Develop reliability tests programs & setups to implement test protocols
* Work closely with vendors (i.e design subcontractors) on product requirements & specifications.
* Conduct design reviews & ensure compliance of design regulations including QSR, ISO standards and corporate policies.
The year is coming to a close and here is a last blast of opportunities. Please note: With the exception of the opportunities in China, other opportunities are only for local US based candidates, with valid US work visa. For the opportunities below, please send resume at wd_darshana at hot mail dot com. Please indicate in the email how closely the job description matches your background and identify gaps, if any. Also, indicate your current compensation and compensation expectations. The opportunities are in the order of priority from most important fresh opportunities to others that are in the process of being filled.
Principal R&D Technician – Fremont, CA
A company that develops advanced injection technologies to simplify the complexities of the cardiac cath lab, has an immediate opening for R&D technician.
* 9 years of electromechanical technician experience
* 2 year Technical School degree in electromechanics or related field or a combination of education and experience
* 2 years of computer aided design experience
* 2 years experience directing and leading the work of others
* Problem solving skills with the ability to interpret drawings, schematics, and specifications
* Experience using CAD-3D Modeling
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Moderate level of computer experience including MS Office Suite and SolidWorks
* Demonstrated experience using a multimeter, soldering iron, oscilloscope, and spectrum analyzer
* High degree of organization skills and high attention to detail
* Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
* Ability to work independently with limited supervision
* Proficient at specifying and evaluating electrical components based on performance, lifetime, and availability
* Demonstrated project management experience
* Demonstrated test report-writing experience
* 4+ years of computer aided design experience, * SolidWorks Proficient, * Experience providing technical support to circuit board manufacturing assembly, * Demonstrated knowledge of and familiarity with embedded systems and RF electronics, * Product development experience in a federally regulated engineering environment (FDA, ISO), * Experience defining, writing, and conducting test plans and reports
Job Description & Responsibilities
Performs specified electromechanical engineering support activities under the guidance of an Engineer or Technical lead related to electro-mechanical design of medical device technologies, product and performance testing, and continuous improvement of the product design. The position is responsible for design, fabrications, assembly, validation, and implementation of development products and fixtures to support the design transfer of products into manufacturing operations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Designs fixtures and test methods for validating product design and performance. Responsible for managing the ordering and delivery of fixture components and items from vendors or the internal Model Shop.
* Executes testing and validation protocols, records and analyzes data, and provides written reports to engineering team.
* Supports Product Development efforts at early stages up to design transfer. Provides support to engineers throughout the implementation and development cycles.
* Performs hands on activities such as design validation, pre-production assembly, testing and other technical activities to assist in product development.
* Assists engineers in identifying and resolving hardware design issues. Diagnoses the cause of electrical failures of circuit boards and operational equipment.
* Uses Solid Works CAD system to sketch and design fixtures and devices ensuring form, fit and functional requirements are met. Responsible for basic analysis of design in partnership with an Engineer.
* Responsible for initiating documentation changes and providing redlines to maintain the product information structure. Communicates issues and opportunities to engineering department to ensure bill of material (BOM’s), prints, process, forms, records, etc. are relevant and up to date.
Technical Engineering Support:
* Partners with Designers and Engineer, to develop and improve products, designs, fixtures, and process activities in the interest of continuous improvement and establishment of a Lean environment.
* Initiates design changes and coordinates the change order process to release product per the company’s Quality Management system. Responsible to maintain the design and information structure for use in the ERP system and
engineering data base (PDM) DB Works. e.g.; BOM’s, prints, process, forms, records etc.
* Implements changes and maintenance of PDM and CAD systems as required. Assists IT and Technical Documentation Writer in annual CAD system updates, user rights management, and data base management. Creates and edits DB-Works and Solid Works API programs.
Quality Assurance Manager & Quality Engineer – North San Jose, CA
Quality Engineering background essential for both – more details with follow (feel free to send resume).
Document Control Technician – North San Jose, CA
Details with follow (feel free to send resume).
Director of Operations – North San Jose, CA
Experience running production lines, planning, project management from soup to nuts, people management, experience in quality, GMP, and class III device experience essential. Full description will follow soon.
Analytical R&D Scientist – TX
Details to follow (feel free to send resume).
Asceptic Process Manufacturing Engineer – North San Jose, CA
Details will be posted soon (feel free to send resume).
Balloon Assembly Manufacturing Engineer – North San Jose, CA
Full description will be posted soon (feel free to send resume).
Engineering Technician with Machning Experience – North San Jose, CA
Description will be posted (am submitting resumes).
Bio Technician – North San Jose, CA
Experience running immunoassays & chemistry assays in a lab plus MS in relevant field required. More details to follow (feel free to send resume).
Director of Product Portfolio Management – China
A leading biopharmaceutical company in China, with a goal to bring best products at local prices to Chinese populace, has an immediate opening for Director of Product Portfolio Management, in beautiful Suzhou, China. See details below. Compensation includes attractive benefits package + salary + stock options + an opportunity to work in state of the art facility & make real impact.
A candidate must have a Ph.D. degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biology or related disciplines and over 15 years of industry experience (or equivalent) of developing biologics, drug products and new formulations for various therapeutic areas for China and international markets.
* Demonstrated records of leading domestic and international generic drug product development that resulted in recent regulatory approvals in China, US or Europe
* Broad knowledge and experience about biologic drug product development including strategies and approaches, medical and market needs, and regulatory requirements in China and other major markets
* Extensive network with leading researchers in the research institutes and the industry who are engaged in biologics and innovative drug product development
* Excellent written and verbal language skills for communication in both Chinese and English
This position, based in Suzhou, China, will report to the CEO and be responsible for leading the Product Portfolio Management Department to develop and manage drug product development portfolio for the company. A successful candidate will lead the department to leverage internal and external resources, establish and progress drug product development portfolio in alignment with company’s short term and long term business strategies and objectives.
* Build and lead the department comprised of functions including patent search, intellectual propriety (IP), product selection, cost analysis, budget planning and project management
* Collaborate with the marketing, medical, regulatory departments and manufacturing facilities to gain in-depth understanding of business needs, regulatory constraints and manufacturing facilities and capabilities
* Lead to establish R&D strategies in alignment with corporate business strategies by fully considering medical needs and marketing trends in different therapeutic areas, business priorities, regulatory constraints and manufacturing facilities and capabilities.
Director of Analytical Research & Development – China
A leading biopharmaceutical company in China, with a goal to bring best products at local prices to Chinese populace, has an immediate opening for Director of Analytical Research & Development, in beautiful Suzhou, China. See details below. Compensation includes attractive benefits package + salary + stock options + an opportunity to work in state of the art facility & make real impact.
* A candidate should have a Ph.D. degree in analytical chemistry or related disciplines with more than 10 years of industry experience (or equivalent) in providing analytical support to API and drug product development.
* Demonstrated records of leading analytical development that resulted in recent regulatory approvals in China, US or Europe
* Extensive experience of establishing and implementing analytical control strategies (including specifications) and stability studies for innovative or generic drugs developed using scientific and systematic approaches
* In-depth understanding and practical experiences of implementing and operating under quality and regulatory requirements supported by successful passing GMP inspection and pre-approval Inspection
* Excellent written and verbal language skills for communication in both Chinese and English
Overall Responsibilities: This position will report to the Vice President of Quality, & be responsible for establishing and leading the Analytical R&D to support biological API, drug product and new formulation development for technology transfer, clinical supply manufacturing, domestic and international product registration and commercial manufacturing. A successful candidate will lead the department in collaboration with internal stakeholders and external partners to ensure drug product project progression, cost control and timeline while all technical, quality and regulatory expectations and requirements are met.
* Establish and lead the Analytical Research and Development Department responsible for providing analytical support to API and drug product development portfolio
* Establish analytical laboratories by designing proper layout, equipping with analytical instrumentation necessary to support API, product and process development
* Build analytical teams with strong expertise to support API development including raw material testing, in-process control, API solid form and particle size control, and release testing as well as drug product development including excipient testing, in-process control and finish product release testing for conventional dosage forms (e.g., oral solid IR and MR, sterile products) and innovative drug delivery systems
* Implement standard operating procedures (SOPs) and best practices for analytical development activities and ensure technical, quality and compliance requirements are met
* Direct and ensure analytical project teams establish analytical control strategies, develop, qualify and validate analytical methods for API and drug product development, clinical supply manufacturing, registration and commercial manufacturing
* Project, identify, allocate and manage internal and external resources (including academic research institutes, CROs, and parent companies) needed to deliver analytical support to meet established timeline within budget
* Support regulatory submission, query responses and pre-approval inspections to ensure regulatory approvals
* Establish a good working relationship with regulatory agencies in China and other major markets. Participate and lead technical based engagement such as dialogues with regulatory agencies through industry associations
* Initiate and lead technical collaboration with external partners (including academic research institutes, CROs, and parent companies) to develop new analytical technologies or novel applications
* Provide technical assessment including due diligence to support business development opportunities
* Develop a training program for the department to ensure all essential training needs for technology, quality and compliance are provided
Director of Quality Assurance – Suzhou, China
A leading biopharmaceutical company in China, with a goal to bring best products at local prices to Chinese populace, has an immediate opening for Director of Quality Assurance, in beautiful Suzhou, China. See details below.
Reports to Corporate Legal Representative (as specified by law in China)
Direct reports – Manager of Documentation
Requirements: BS and 10+ years experience in QA for monoclonal antibodies & other recombinant proteins. Should be technical expert in QA & cGMP compliance including technical issues related in the manufacturing, testing & characterization of recombinant proteins; must have technical background to evaluate issues based on the science and not rely solely on historical precedent; must have experience in development of biopharmaceutical products for registration in the US and Europe, including experience in the preparation of documents that support regulatory submissions. Chinese language skill is a plus.
Responsibilities: Oversee Quality Assurance functions pertaining to release of drug substance & drug products; responsible for the controlled document system and the documents within the system including batch records, SOPs, validation records & other controlled documents; translating goals into action plan. Also responsible for staff development including cGMP training; ensure compliance with company policies & maintain safe work environment.
Rakeysh Mehra, highly acclaimed Bollywood Filmmaker & Screenwriter, will speak at TiEcon 2014. Have you registered? You can register as my guest through the link http://tinyurl.com/kr2hkcw and enter code “TiEvalue” to get $100 off.
The process of filmmaking begins with a great story and then the filmmaker or the producer needs to work with the screenwriter to develop the story or screenplay they have just purchased. Rakeysh Mehra is an Indian filmmaker and screenwriter, known for writing and directing such films as Rang De Basanti (he won Best Director Filmfare Award for it in 2006) and directing blockbuster “Bhaag Milkha Bhaag”, starring Farhan Akhtar as Milkha Singh, India’s legendary runner (here’s link to my review http://bit.ly/1cUwG4o). “Bhaag Milkha Bhaag” acquired international fame and was nominated for 10 awards. Obtaining the right script and developing it into a good screenplay and then directing it into a successful film, is a highly challenging process, in the cut throat film world. One needs to understand and develop the characters, ensure the dialogues are not lame, understand the story structure, identify the genre or the blend of genres and Mehra is brilliant, with each of the steps of filmmaking.
Currently, India, the largest democracy in the world, is busy with the process of deciding its new leader. Voting is in full swing, in India. Mehra has been a critic of the vote bank politics and currently he is campaigning to introduce e-voting to facilitate voting by travelers. Mehra is also deeply committed to children and the education system in India. Regarding “Bhaag Milkha Baag”, Mehra said that to see the movie connect with children as young as six and eight, was the biggest part of his success with the movie that he is proud of. He has criticized marks-driven, education system in India saying that it emphasizes test scores over actual learning and achievement. Perhaps his next movie will address this issue? The filmmaker was location hunting recently in Jodhpur, for his upcoming film. Will there be announcements? Mehra will give keynote address on the morning of day 2 of the conference.
See discount codes to register for TiEcon 2014, www.tiecon.org and for Health Technology Forum
www.tiecon.org – If you are a professional in #healthIT, #digital health, #internetofthings, #cloud, #bigdata or related, then this is the conference, you don’t want to miss – It offers a fabulous opportunity to network with 3000+ professionals and listen to top notch speakers and panelists. Register for #TiEcon (May 16 & 17 at Santa ClaraConvention Center) as my guest, at link http://tinyurl.com/kr2hkcw & enter promo code tievalue to get $100 discount.
Healthtechnology Forum conference http://www.healthtechnologyforum.com, focused on exploring pathways to sustainable health, is on May 20 in SF. Please register for the conference as my friend, with the discount code “HTF14-FriendOfOrganizer” and send me your first & last name at wd_darshana at hotmail dot com, to get $150 off the price of the ticket. Also check out & participate in code-a-thon on patient engagement, for May 8. Over 20K+ in prizes.
JOBS: are posted at the link http://bit.ly/1o85CTM