Posts Tagged engineer
Please see some of my current opportunities below. All opportunities are for local candidates with valid work visa and most require deep industry experience. Contract opportunities are posted at the bottom. If you have an interest then please send an email (resume as an attachment) at wd_darshana at hot mail dot com. Please bookmark and keep checking here for updates on new opportunities.
Director of Assay Development – Palo Alto, CA
There is an exciting opportunity for Director of Assay Development in a VC backed startup based in Palo Alto, CA. Company is developing unique diagnostic platform to quantify salivary biomarkers for variety of diseases & physiological conditions. Candidate will work closely with electrical engineers to transform an oligonucleotide-based assay from optical measurements to electrical measurements on company’s proprietary platform & will play a key role in development of a high throughput assay for clinical R&D studies.
Qualifications: Experience in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field w/ method development focus; data analysis & management skills; knowledge of oligonucleotide-based assay & application on biosensor based Field-Effect Transistor (Bio-FET) for developing in-vitro diagnostic device; Expertise in assay devt & validation methods, in design & prosecution of in vitro bio-recognition -based assays, and 3-5 years of hands-on exp in biomarker quantification using a variety of biophysical techniques. Aptamer-related experience is advantageous.
Responsibilities: Manage team of lab researchers; Assist with data prep for analysis & reporting; Maintain lab equipment functionality; Track inventory, lab records, good lab practice (GLP) and safety; & Troubleshoot; Adapt assays to multiple platforms & optimize biosensing measurements; Validate biochemical assays & biomarker quantification; Develop & set-up biochemical & in vitro assay for high throughput platforms; Train team members; Provide technical information, experimental assay design & data analysis to team members.
Senior Scientist of Assay Application – Palo Alto, CA
There is an exciting opportunity for Senior Scientist of Assay Application, in a VC backed startup based in Palo Alto, CA. Company is developing unique diagnostic platform to quantify salivary biomarkers for variety of diseases & physiological conditions.
Qualifications: Experience in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field w/ method development focus; data analysis skills; experience in protein and nucleic acid work using binding assays molecular interaction analysis (e.g. ELISA, SPR, FRET), protein microarray and surface chemistry. Aptamer-related experience is advantageous.
Responsibilities: Assist w/ data preparation for analysis & reporting; Manage lab – inventory, records, equipment functions & safety; Troubleshoot bench work; Assay Development, design & analysis; Work multidisciplinary team to design, develop & optimize assays & devices (optical and electrical); Adapt assays to multiple platforms & optimize biosensing measurements.; Validate biochemical assays for biomarker quantification; Facilitate technical communications between engineer and assay development teams.
Mechanical Engineer – Santa Cruz, CA
Company focusing on an array of brain computer interface devices to address a range of neurological problems has an opening for Mechanical engineer.
Head of Manufacturing Engineering – San Jose, CA
There is an exciting opportunity for Head of Manufacturing Engineering in San Jose, CA. This is an exciting opportunity with high potential.
Responsibilities include, implementing pilot manufacturing line, develop components & assembly manufacturing processes including materials science and selection, develop processes for injection molding, conventional & novel polymers, micro-product molding, converting & sealing plastic films, micro-tablet compression, clean room processing & large molecule processing.
Required: BS in Engineering plus 12+ years of mechanical engineering experience in medical device industry. Any of the following, highly desired: Experience in consumer product medical device, pharmaceutical (transdermal and solid dosage), and combination product design, manufacturing process development, manufacturing equipment design and development, pharmaceutical and sterile device packaging development, 3-D metal and plastic product design, tooling design and fabrication, injection mold design and fabrication, CNC and g-code programming, production engineering management, maintenance management, manufacturing management, and project management and experience in new product launches through heritage product manufacturing.
Software Engineer – Santa Cruz, CA
Company focusing on an array of brain computer interface devices to address a range of neurological problems has an opening for SW engineer. Embedded microprocessor experience and windows app experience is required. Highly preferred, design/coding experience for embedded systems with wearable/motor-driven devices.
CFO – San Jose, CA
There is an exciting opportunity for CFO for a company, in San Jose – CA. Found by a veteran leader the company focuses on disruptive drug delivery platform technology. 15+ years M&A and licensing deals experience in bio/pharma industry is required.
Director of Program/ Project Management – Santa Cruz, CA
There is an exciting opportunity for Director of Program/ Project Management for a company located in Santa Cruz – CA. This company is found by a veteran leader and focuses on an array of brain computer interface devices to address a range of neurological problems. Candidate is required to have 4+ years of medical device program or project management experience in electromechanical systems area.
Head of Regulatory – San Jose, CA
There is an exciting opportunity for Head of Regulatory for a company, in San Jose – CA. Candidate must have 15+ years experience in bio/pharma industry. Experience working with biologics and taking a drug to market in the US and EU is essential.
Design QA Scientist – Pleasanton, CA.
Responsibilities: Support DQA Principal Scientists and Project teams; Review & approve documentation consistent with design control regulations; technical verification, risk; Assist DQA project team to assess completion of milestone deliverables; Assist in the review and development of high SOPs; Support audits/inspections; Other duties as requested.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related scientific discipline, or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
Preferred: Job-related Professional License(s) or Certification(s) and 5 Years Development, Manufacturing and/or Quality Assurance experience under established quality regulations.
Clinical Research Associate II – California
Responsibilities include, participate in design, planning, implementation and overall direction of clinical research projects; ensure compliance with the overall scientific study objectives; work with international investigators and key customers as well; Travel to field sites to monitor studies; Receive general instructions; plans and prepare studies; Review study protocols, report manuscripts; Contribute technical & clinical operations expertise for these documents; Work with Data Management & Biostatistics staff on the design of documents and processes for the collection of study data from participating sites; Collect & maintain legal and regulatory documentation, as applicable; Assume responsibility for training & coordinating certification of study site personnel; Ensure accurate and complete study management/data collection and transfer to data management; Ensure site compliance with regulations and study protocol; Monitor the sites and provide technical assistance, as necessary; Assist, prepare and manages study timelines; Manage material logistics for the studies; Conduct reference material testing in-house. Organize investigator meetings, as necessary; Participate in Project Team Meetings; Keep informed of trends and developments in clinical research; Know & effectively use the broad concepts of a particular field or speicalization to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity; Analyze alternative approaches to solve problems or devleop new perspectives & existing solutions. Bachelors degree in a scientific discipline or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience is required. Certificate of completion of sections 1 through 6 is required. Minimum 2-6 years of relevant clinical research experience and knowledge of regulations and guidelines is required.
Clerk – San Jose/ Santa Clara, CA
There is an opportunity for a Clerk in a biomed company, located in San Jose/ Santa Clara, CA area.
Responsibilities: Follow standard operating procedures to enter orders for high complexity clinical lab tests; Be responsible for efficient and accurate entry of customer and patient demographic data, clinical information, test request information and physician information; Review, understanding, and executing customer-specific requirements for order entry; Create service requests in CRM system to document issues and work closely with client service team to resolve and escalate incomplete or unclear order issues; Check work of others to ensure order entry quality; Troubleshoot problems & assist employees with process questions; Fax requests to customers to resolve unclear orders; Run queue reports to ensure daily tasks are completed; Assist account set up administration; Act as training resource for department employees; execute process improvement recommendations; Retrieve forms from lab; Escalate issues to appropriate internal resources; Interact with Finance team to provide patient billing information in a secure manner.
Skills: 2+ years experience working in the clinical laboratory, medical, order management, or related field; Experience using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software (e.g. NetSuite, Salesforce.com), laboratory information systems. Microsoft Office Suite a plus. Must be able to follow laboratory procedures and must adhere to the laboratory quality control policies; Ability to identify & act on issues within an order that may impact customer satisfaction & test turnaround time; Must be able to type 45 words per minute with excellent accuracy; Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
RMD Biospecimen Scientist – Pleasanton, CA — 6 mo. contract
The BioSpecimen Management (BSM) Scientist position will facilitate the daily operations associated with providing the best-in-class simple biological solutions to customers. Biospecimen solutions include acquisition, characterization, and management of biological materials, and build of select panels fit for purpose for RMD research. Responsibilities include deliver simple, efficient solutions, facilitate receipt of shipments of human biological samples, verify sample integrity and data accuracy, process (centrifuge, aliquot, and pool) samples, consolidate inventory, retrieve and distribute samples, maintain inventory of supplies and ships supplies and facilitate routine activities in the build of custom panels, in close communication with team members. Also includes, responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of all assigned projects, tasks and related activities, accontablity for electronic records management, use of validated systems, and keep supervisor informed of project status. Requires, Associate degree or certification in Biological Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education & experience, experience handling biological samples, understanding of good laboratory, data and documentation practices, and experience with basic computer application.
Scientist 1 – Pleasanton, CA: 6+ Months Contract
This opportunity is with NGS workflow controls for the RSS assay development team that identifies and tests cutting edge reagents, technologies or protocols that are supporting the development of products in Oncology, Genetics, Infectious Disease and Automation/Sample Preparation. Areas of interest include short and long read sequencing technologies, low input and difficult sample preparation methods and creating integrated workflows. Candidates must be able to work in a collaborative, exciting, and fast-paced team environment.
Responsibilities: Operate & maintain equipment, interact with LIMS databases, complete projects in a timely fashion, research & development, and give presentations at weekly meetings. Additional responsibilities: Operation of different genomics analysis technologies such as next-gen sequencing, microarrays, real time PCR and ancillary equipment for quality control and validation; Develop, validate & apply methods for various genomics methods mainly focused on sequencing; Process include nucleic acid isolation and quantification, PCR amplification, library preparation, plate normalizations and Work with senior personnel, perform early development activity to create new workflows that are robust, cost-effective and time efficient; Collaborate with R&D to transfer new assays and methods to automation platforms; Work closely with IT group and instrument vendors to develop and implement automated workflows; Accurately and consistently record experimental methods, materials & results in electronic laboratory notebooks; Analyze data, evaluates results, form conclusions, and determine future experiments; Present findings or comprehensive project status reviews at internal/external seminars/meetings; Apply advanced technical writing & graphical skills to produce reports & documents; Prepare summaries, reports, presentations, manuscripts, etc.; Present early development work including scientific background information & project updates at internal staff meetings and at cross-functional team meetings; Determine all chemicals, reagents & supplies needed for a project; develop a strong knowledge of all related third-party vendors and their technologies and products; Establish and maintain productive relationship with personnel in development; orient & trains new Research Technicians & peers.
Requirements: Strong Molecular Biology background or Biochemistry or Immunology background with strong knowledge of Molecular Biology; Experience performing next-generation sequencing methods (Exome, whole genome, RNA sequencing) a plus; Bachelor of Science with a minimum of 2 years of lab experience.
Please see below some of my immediate opportunities. All opportunities are for candidates located in the United States only. When sending your resume, please include details on your current compensation and compensation expectations. Also, include in the email a short summary of your background and your key strengths. Please send resumes to wd_darshana at hot mail dot com.
Research Associate/ Scientist – San Jose, CA
Innovative, well funded startup with novel drug-delivery technology has an immediate opening for research associate, in San Jose, CA. Requirements include, solid track record in bioanalytical assays. Proficiency in HPLC, Elisa immunoassays, luminescence assays, fluorescence assays or related is required. Experience in quantitative analysis, variability analysis in tissue and plasma, experience in pharmacokinetics, and experience in biologics a big plus. Stocks and benefits make this a highly attractive opportunity to be involved in cutting edge technology, at grounds level.
CLS Lab Manager – Santa Clara, CA
The lab manager must possess an active, valid license issued by the State to perform high complexity testing pursuant to chapter 3 of Business and Professions Code or to practice medicine, osteopathy or podiatry pursuant to chapter 5 of Business and Professions Code appropriate to the specialty or specialties they are supervising; and– appropriate to the specialty or specialties for which they are consulting and, for the specialties of diagnostic immunology, chemistry, hematology, and microbiology, must–
(1) Have earned a bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical or biological science or medical technology from an accredited institution; (CLS required)
(2) Have at least 4 years of laboratory training or experience, or both, in high complexity testing for the specialty or subspecialty in which they supervise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The lab manger shall be accessible to testing personnel at all times testing is performed by providing on-site, telephone or electronic consultation to resolve technical problems in accordance with policies and procedures established either by the laboratory director.
The lab manager shall be responsible for ensuring that tests and examinations are performed in compliance with chapter 3 of the Business and Professions Code and Title 42, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 493 standards as published October 1, 1994, regarding clinical laboratories and–
(1) Be responsible for providing day-to-day supervision of high complexity test performance by a testing personnel;
(2) Be responsible for monitoring test analyses and specimen examinations to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained.
(3) Assure that all remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications;
(4) Ensure that patient test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and the test system is properly functioning;
(5) Provide orientation to all testing personnel;
(6) Ensure proper training and competency assessment of all supervised laboratory personnel;
(7) Ensure that Proficiency Testing procedures are followed as specified in Proficiency Testing Procedure;
(8) Timely review of all data and programs specified in the Quality Assessment Procedure as authorized
Project Manager with strong hands-on engineering plus bio background – Milpitas, CA
This is an exciting opportunity with a huge potential upside in stocks in a very innovative company with unique drug delivery technology. Strong technical background plus background in pharma chemistry and 10+ years experience with microsoft projects is ideal. Drug-delivery device experience, a big plus.
Director of Quality Engineering – Milpitas, CA
There is an immediate opportunity for Director of Quality Engineering. It requires 10+ years experience in implantable device. Some pharma experience highly desired. Experience in implementing QE systems, a great plus. This is very exciting opportunity to be involved in multiple projects with huge upside, in stocks potential. Requires engineering background.
Director of Manufacturing Engineering – Milpitas, CA
There is immediate opening for Director of Manufacturing, that requires 10+ years experience in implantable devices. Experience with injectible drugs, pills highly desired. Strong hands-on expertise in tooling is required. This is very exciting opportunity to be involved in multiple projects with huge upside, in stocks potential (a once in a lifetime kind of an opportunity).
Post-doc opportunity – San Jose, CA
There are opportunities for some excellent post-docs for a drug delivery company. These opportunities are for candidates with recent Ph.D. in Biochemistry or related and interest in obtaining exciting industrial post doc opportunity with exciting startup.
Senior Biochem Scientist- San Jose, CA
More details will be posted soon. Meanwhile, candidates with strong drug delivery experience, please contact me.
Senior Quality Engineer – San Antonio, TX
* Lead Quality Assurance for R&D- design, development, V&V phases including hazard/risk analysis and mitigation, DOE and related statistical design and analyses, GDT, design reviews, audits/compliance
* Manufacturing including process development, qualification and validation, IQ, OQ, PQ, part/component selection, sterilization and packaging development and validation
* Develop and implement QA systems to be compliant with applicable international and national standards such as ISO 13485 and regulatory requirements of FDA CFR 820 and other bodies for Class III implantables
* Implement productive relationships with R&D and manufacturing suppliers and partners
* Work in a matrixed organizational structure to support facilities in CA & TX.
* Educate colleagues and support in-house uptake and implementation of these systems organization-wide
* Support the following functions: o Regulatory Affairs o Intellectual Property
* Business and Commercialization, including due diligence documentation
* Implement documentation systems, including electronic systems, under the functional direction of QA Director
based in San Jose
* Designed and implemented QA systems for implantable medical devices and drugs. Combinatorial drug-device
and Class III experience desirable. At least 10 years experience, >15 years desirable.
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or in an equivalent field required, with ASQ certification (CQE, CRE, CQM, CSSBB) desirable
* Grown QA organizations with a hands-on, leadership- by-example and team-oriented approach
* Demonstrated working experience with electronics hardware and software, biomaterials, drugs, drug delivery, and mechanical technologies while supporting multidisciplinary teams: engineering, biological, manufacturing, regulatory, intellectual property, clinical and business.
* Excellent and demonstrated grasp and use of statistics in R&D and manufacturing including DOE • Supported multiple complex projects and start-ups
* Developed and implemented design controls, documentation, and design procedures, protocols
* Developed and implemented manufacturability, and related process flows and controls, and selected qualified vendors to manufacture Class II and III implantable devices
* Strong technical skills with demonstrated ability to provide hands-on solutions to a variety of technical problems of varying scope and complexity
* Analytical data-driven problem solver and team player, organized and an excellent communicator
Key Job Parameters
* Full-time position located in San Antonio, Texas
* Some travel (~10%) may be necessary to meet job responsibilities
* Report to VP, Product Development
Senior Clinical Data Manager – Dublin, CA
Clinical Supplies Contractor – Dublin, CA
The year is coming to a close and here is a last blast of opportunities. Please note: With the exception of the opportunities in China, other opportunities are only for local US based candidates, with valid US work visa. For the opportunities below, please send resume at wd_darshana at hot mail dot com. Please indicate in the email how closely the job description matches your background and identify gaps, if any. Also, indicate your current compensation and compensation expectations. The opportunities are in the order of priority from most important fresh opportunities to others that are in the process of being filled.
Principal R&D Technician – Fremont, CA
A company that develops advanced injection technologies to simplify the complexities of the cardiac cath lab, has an immediate opening for R&D technician.
* 9 years of electromechanical technician experience
* 2 year Technical School degree in electromechanics or related field or a combination of education and experience
* 2 years of computer aided design experience
* 2 years experience directing and leading the work of others
* Problem solving skills with the ability to interpret drawings, schematics, and specifications
* Experience using CAD-3D Modeling
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Moderate level of computer experience including MS Office Suite and SolidWorks
* Demonstrated experience using a multimeter, soldering iron, oscilloscope, and spectrum analyzer
* High degree of organization skills and high attention to detail
* Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
* Ability to work independently with limited supervision
* Proficient at specifying and evaluating electrical components based on performance, lifetime, and availability
* Demonstrated project management experience
* Demonstrated test report-writing experience
* 4+ years of computer aided design experience, * SolidWorks Proficient, * Experience providing technical support to circuit board manufacturing assembly, * Demonstrated knowledge of and familiarity with embedded systems and RF electronics, * Product development experience in a federally regulated engineering environment (FDA, ISO), * Experience defining, writing, and conducting test plans and reports
Job Description & Responsibilities
Performs specified electromechanical engineering support activities under the guidance of an Engineer or Technical lead related to electro-mechanical design of medical device technologies, product and performance testing, and continuous improvement of the product design. The position is responsible for design, fabrications, assembly, validation, and implementation of development products and fixtures to support the design transfer of products into manufacturing operations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Designs fixtures and test methods for validating product design and performance. Responsible for managing the ordering and delivery of fixture components and items from vendors or the internal Model Shop.
* Executes testing and validation protocols, records and analyzes data, and provides written reports to engineering team.
* Supports Product Development efforts at early stages up to design transfer. Provides support to engineers throughout the implementation and development cycles.
* Performs hands on activities such as design validation, pre-production assembly, testing and other technical activities to assist in product development.
* Assists engineers in identifying and resolving hardware design issues. Diagnoses the cause of electrical failures of circuit boards and operational equipment.
* Uses Solid Works CAD system to sketch and design fixtures and devices ensuring form, fit and functional requirements are met. Responsible for basic analysis of design in partnership with an Engineer.
* Responsible for initiating documentation changes and providing redlines to maintain the product information structure. Communicates issues and opportunities to engineering department to ensure bill of material (BOM’s), prints, process, forms, records, etc. are relevant and up to date.
Technical Engineering Support:
* Partners with Designers and Engineer, to develop and improve products, designs, fixtures, and process activities in the interest of continuous improvement and establishment of a Lean environment.
* Initiates design changes and coordinates the change order process to release product per the company’s Quality Management system. Responsible to maintain the design and information structure for use in the ERP system and
engineering data base (PDM) DB Works. e.g.; BOM’s, prints, process, forms, records etc.
* Implements changes and maintenance of PDM and CAD systems as required. Assists IT and Technical Documentation Writer in annual CAD system updates, user rights management, and data base management. Creates and edits DB-Works and Solid Works API programs.
Quality Assurance Manager & Quality Engineer – North San Jose, CA
Quality Engineering background essential for both – more details with follow (feel free to send resume).
Document Control Technician – North San Jose, CA
Details with follow (feel free to send resume).
Director of Operations – North San Jose, CA
Experience running production lines, planning, project management from soup to nuts, people management, experience in quality, GMP, and class III device experience essential. Full description will follow soon.
Analytical R&D Scientist – TX
Details to follow (feel free to send resume).
Asceptic Process Manufacturing Engineer – North San Jose, CA
Details will be posted soon (feel free to send resume).
Balloon Assembly Manufacturing Engineer – North San Jose, CA
Full description will be posted soon (feel free to send resume).
Engineering Technician with Machning Experience – North San Jose, CA
Description will be posted (am submitting resumes).
Bio Technician – North San Jose, CA
Experience running immunoassays & chemistry assays in a lab plus MS in relevant field required. More details to follow (feel free to send resume).
Director of Product Portfolio Management – China
A leading biopharmaceutical company in China, with a goal to bring best products at local prices to Chinese populace, has an immediate opening for Director of Product Portfolio Management, in beautiful Suzhou, China. See details below. Compensation includes attractive benefits package + salary + stock options + an opportunity to work in state of the art facility & make real impact.
A candidate must have a Ph.D. degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biology or related disciplines and over 15 years of industry experience (or equivalent) of developing biologics, drug products and new formulations for various therapeutic areas for China and international markets.
* Demonstrated records of leading domestic and international generic drug product development that resulted in recent regulatory approvals in China, US or Europe
* Broad knowledge and experience about biologic drug product development including strategies and approaches, medical and market needs, and regulatory requirements in China and other major markets
* Extensive network with leading researchers in the research institutes and the industry who are engaged in biologics and innovative drug product development
* Excellent written and verbal language skills for communication in both Chinese and English
This position, based in Suzhou, China, will report to the CEO and be responsible for leading the Product Portfolio Management Department to develop and manage drug product development portfolio for the company. A successful candidate will lead the department to leverage internal and external resources, establish and progress drug product development portfolio in alignment with company’s short term and long term business strategies and objectives.
* Build and lead the department comprised of functions including patent search, intellectual propriety (IP), product selection, cost analysis, budget planning and project management
* Collaborate with the marketing, medical, regulatory departments and manufacturing facilities to gain in-depth understanding of business needs, regulatory constraints and manufacturing facilities and capabilities
* Lead to establish R&D strategies in alignment with corporate business strategies by fully considering medical needs and marketing trends in different therapeutic areas, business priorities, regulatory constraints and manufacturing facilities and capabilities.
Director of Analytical Research & Development – China
A leading biopharmaceutical company in China, with a goal to bring best products at local prices to Chinese populace, has an immediate opening for Director of Analytical Research & Development, in beautiful Suzhou, China. See details below. Compensation includes attractive benefits package + salary + stock options + an opportunity to work in state of the art facility & make real impact.
* A candidate should have a Ph.D. degree in analytical chemistry or related disciplines with more than 10 years of industry experience (or equivalent) in providing analytical support to API and drug product development.
* Demonstrated records of leading analytical development that resulted in recent regulatory approvals in China, US or Europe
* Extensive experience of establishing and implementing analytical control strategies (including specifications) and stability studies for innovative or generic drugs developed using scientific and systematic approaches
* In-depth understanding and practical experiences of implementing and operating under quality and regulatory requirements supported by successful passing GMP inspection and pre-approval Inspection
* Excellent written and verbal language skills for communication in both Chinese and English
Overall Responsibilities: This position will report to the Vice President of Quality, & be responsible for establishing and leading the Analytical R&D to support biological API, drug product and new formulation development for technology transfer, clinical supply manufacturing, domestic and international product registration and commercial manufacturing. A successful candidate will lead the department in collaboration with internal stakeholders and external partners to ensure drug product project progression, cost control and timeline while all technical, quality and regulatory expectations and requirements are met.
* Establish and lead the Analytical Research and Development Department responsible for providing analytical support to API and drug product development portfolio
* Establish analytical laboratories by designing proper layout, equipping with analytical instrumentation necessary to support API, product and process development
* Build analytical teams with strong expertise to support API development including raw material testing, in-process control, API solid form and particle size control, and release testing as well as drug product development including excipient testing, in-process control and finish product release testing for conventional dosage forms (e.g., oral solid IR and MR, sterile products) and innovative drug delivery systems
* Implement standard operating procedures (SOPs) and best practices for analytical development activities and ensure technical, quality and compliance requirements are met
* Direct and ensure analytical project teams establish analytical control strategies, develop, qualify and validate analytical methods for API and drug product development, clinical supply manufacturing, registration and commercial manufacturing
* Project, identify, allocate and manage internal and external resources (including academic research institutes, CROs, and parent companies) needed to deliver analytical support to meet established timeline within budget
* Support regulatory submission, query responses and pre-approval inspections to ensure regulatory approvals
* Establish a good working relationship with regulatory agencies in China and other major markets. Participate and lead technical based engagement such as dialogues with regulatory agencies through industry associations
* Initiate and lead technical collaboration with external partners (including academic research institutes, CROs, and parent companies) to develop new analytical technologies or novel applications
* Provide technical assessment including due diligence to support business development opportunities
* Develop a training program for the department to ensure all essential training needs for technology, quality and compliance are provided
Director of Quality Assurance – Suzhou, China
A leading biopharmaceutical company in China, with a goal to bring best products at local prices to Chinese populace, has an immediate opening for Director of Quality Assurance, in beautiful Suzhou, China. See details below.
Reports to Corporate Legal Representative (as specified by law in China)
Direct reports – Manager of Documentation
Requirements: BS and 10+ years experience in QA for monoclonal antibodies & other recombinant proteins. Should be technical expert in QA & cGMP compliance including technical issues related in the manufacturing, testing & characterization of recombinant proteins; must have technical background to evaluate issues based on the science and not rely solely on historical precedent; must have experience in development of biopharmaceutical products for registration in the US and Europe, including experience in the preparation of documents that support regulatory submissions. Chinese language skill is a plus.
Responsibilities: Oversee Quality Assurance functions pertaining to release of drug substance & drug products; responsible for the controlled document system and the documents within the system including batch records, SOPs, validation records & other controlled documents; translating goals into action plan. Also responsible for staff development including cGMP training; ensure compliance with company policies & maintain safe work environment.