Posts Tagged Biochemistry
Please see some of my current opportunities below. All opportunities are for local candidates with valid work visa and most require deep industry experience. Contract opportunities are posted at the bottom. If you have an interest then please send an email (resume as an attachment) at wd_darshana at hot mail dot com. Please bookmark and keep checking here for updates on new opportunities.
Director of Assay Development – Palo Alto, CA
There is an exciting opportunity for Director of Assay Development in a VC backed startup based in Palo Alto, CA. Company is developing unique diagnostic platform to quantify salivary biomarkers for variety of diseases & physiological conditions. Candidate will work closely with electrical engineers to transform an oligonucleotide-based assay from optical measurements to electrical measurements on company’s proprietary platform & will play a key role in development of a high throughput assay for clinical R&D studies.
Qualifications: Experience in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field w/ method development focus; data analysis & management skills; knowledge of oligonucleotide-based assay & application on biosensor based Field-Effect Transistor (Bio-FET) for developing in-vitro diagnostic device; Expertise in assay devt & validation methods, in design & prosecution of in vitro bio-recognition -based assays, and 3-5 years of hands-on exp in biomarker quantification using a variety of biophysical techniques. Aptamer-related experience is advantageous.
Responsibilities: Manage team of lab researchers; Assist with data prep for analysis & reporting; Maintain lab equipment functionality; Track inventory, lab records, good lab practice (GLP) and safety; & Troubleshoot; Adapt assays to multiple platforms & optimize biosensing measurements; Validate biochemical assays & biomarker quantification; Develop & set-up biochemical & in vitro assay for high throughput platforms; Train team members; Provide technical information, experimental assay design & data analysis to team members.
Senior Scientist of Assay Application – Palo Alto, CA
There is an exciting opportunity for Senior Scientist of Assay Application, in a VC backed startup based in Palo Alto, CA. Company is developing unique diagnostic platform to quantify salivary biomarkers for variety of diseases & physiological conditions.
Qualifications: Experience in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field w/ method development focus; data analysis skills; experience in protein and nucleic acid work using binding assays molecular interaction analysis (e.g. ELISA, SPR, FRET), protein microarray and surface chemistry. Aptamer-related experience is advantageous.
Responsibilities: Assist w/ data preparation for analysis & reporting; Manage lab – inventory, records, equipment functions & safety; Troubleshoot bench work; Assay Development, design & analysis; Work multidisciplinary team to design, develop & optimize assays & devices (optical and electrical); Adapt assays to multiple platforms & optimize biosensing measurements.; Validate biochemical assays for biomarker quantification; Facilitate technical communications between engineer and assay development teams.
Mechanical Engineer – Santa Cruz, CA
Company focusing on an array of brain computer interface devices to address a range of neurological problems has an opening for Mechanical engineer.
Head of Manufacturing Engineering – San Jose, CA
There is an exciting opportunity for Head of Manufacturing Engineering in San Jose, CA. This is an exciting opportunity with high potential.
Responsibilities include, implementing pilot manufacturing line, develop components & assembly manufacturing processes including materials science and selection, develop processes for injection molding, conventional & novel polymers, micro-product molding, converting & sealing plastic films, micro-tablet compression, clean room processing & large molecule processing.
Required: BS in Engineering plus 12+ years of mechanical engineering experience in medical device industry. Any of the following, highly desired: Experience in consumer product medical device, pharmaceutical (transdermal and solid dosage), and combination product design, manufacturing process development, manufacturing equipment design and development, pharmaceutical and sterile device packaging development, 3-D metal and plastic product design, tooling design and fabrication, injection mold design and fabrication, CNC and g-code programming, production engineering management, maintenance management, manufacturing management, and project management and experience in new product launches through heritage product manufacturing.
Software Engineer – Santa Cruz, CA
Company focusing on an array of brain computer interface devices to address a range of neurological problems has an opening for SW engineer. Embedded microprocessor experience and windows app experience is required. Highly preferred, design/coding experience for embedded systems with wearable/motor-driven devices.
CFO – San Jose, CA
There is an exciting opportunity for CFO for a company, in San Jose – CA. Found by a veteran leader the company focuses on disruptive drug delivery platform technology. 15+ years M&A and licensing deals experience in bio/pharma industry is required.
Director of Program/ Project Management – Santa Cruz, CA
There is an exciting opportunity for Director of Program/ Project Management for a company located in Santa Cruz – CA. This company is found by a veteran leader and focuses on an array of brain computer interface devices to address a range of neurological problems. Candidate is required to have 4+ years of medical device program or project management experience in electromechanical systems area.
Head of Regulatory – San Jose, CA
There is an exciting opportunity for Head of Regulatory for a company, in San Jose – CA. Candidate must have 15+ years experience in bio/pharma industry. Experience working with biologics and taking a drug to market in the US and EU is essential.
Design QA Scientist – Pleasanton, CA.
Responsibilities: Support DQA Principal Scientists and Project teams; Review & approve documentation consistent with design control regulations; technical verification, risk; Assist DQA project team to assess completion of milestone deliverables; Assist in the review and development of high SOPs; Support audits/inspections; Other duties as requested.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related scientific discipline, or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
Preferred: Job-related Professional License(s) or Certification(s) and 5 Years Development, Manufacturing and/or Quality Assurance experience under established quality regulations.
Clinical Research Associate II – California
Responsibilities include, participate in design, planning, implementation and overall direction of clinical research projects; ensure compliance with the overall scientific study objectives; work with international investigators and key customers as well; Travel to field sites to monitor studies; Receive general instructions; plans and prepare studies; Review study protocols, report manuscripts; Contribute technical & clinical operations expertise for these documents; Work with Data Management & Biostatistics staff on the design of documents and processes for the collection of study data from participating sites; Collect & maintain legal and regulatory documentation, as applicable; Assume responsibility for training & coordinating certification of study site personnel; Ensure accurate and complete study management/data collection and transfer to data management; Ensure site compliance with regulations and study protocol; Monitor the sites and provide technical assistance, as necessary; Assist, prepare and manages study timelines; Manage material logistics for the studies; Conduct reference material testing in-house. Organize investigator meetings, as necessary; Participate in Project Team Meetings; Keep informed of trends and developments in clinical research; Know & effectively use the broad concepts of a particular field or speicalization to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity; Analyze alternative approaches to solve problems or devleop new perspectives & existing solutions. Bachelors degree in a scientific discipline or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience is required. Certificate of completion of sections 1 through 6 is required. Minimum 2-6 years of relevant clinical research experience and knowledge of regulations and guidelines is required.
Clerk – San Jose/ Santa Clara, CA
There is an opportunity for a Clerk in a biomed company, located in San Jose/ Santa Clara, CA area.
Responsibilities: Follow standard operating procedures to enter orders for high complexity clinical lab tests; Be responsible for efficient and accurate entry of customer and patient demographic data, clinical information, test request information and physician information; Review, understanding, and executing customer-specific requirements for order entry; Create service requests in CRM system to document issues and work closely with client service team to resolve and escalate incomplete or unclear order issues; Check work of others to ensure order entry quality; Troubleshoot problems & assist employees with process questions; Fax requests to customers to resolve unclear orders; Run queue reports to ensure daily tasks are completed; Assist account set up administration; Act as training resource for department employees; execute process improvement recommendations; Retrieve forms from lab; Escalate issues to appropriate internal resources; Interact with Finance team to provide patient billing information in a secure manner.
Skills: 2+ years experience working in the clinical laboratory, medical, order management, or related field; Experience using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software (e.g. NetSuite, Salesforce.com), laboratory information systems. Microsoft Office Suite a plus. Must be able to follow laboratory procedures and must adhere to the laboratory quality control policies; Ability to identify & act on issues within an order that may impact customer satisfaction & test turnaround time; Must be able to type 45 words per minute with excellent accuracy; Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
RMD Biospecimen Scientist – Pleasanton, CA — 6 mo. contract
The BioSpecimen Management (BSM) Scientist position will facilitate the daily operations associated with providing the best-in-class simple biological solutions to customers. Biospecimen solutions include acquisition, characterization, and management of biological materials, and build of select panels fit for purpose for RMD research. Responsibilities include deliver simple, efficient solutions, facilitate receipt of shipments of human biological samples, verify sample integrity and data accuracy, process (centrifuge, aliquot, and pool) samples, consolidate inventory, retrieve and distribute samples, maintain inventory of supplies and ships supplies and facilitate routine activities in the build of custom panels, in close communication with team members. Also includes, responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of all assigned projects, tasks and related activities, accontablity for electronic records management, use of validated systems, and keep supervisor informed of project status. Requires, Associate degree or certification in Biological Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education & experience, experience handling biological samples, understanding of good laboratory, data and documentation practices, and experience with basic computer application.
Scientist 1 – Pleasanton, CA: 6+ Months Contract
This opportunity is with NGS workflow controls for the RSS assay development team that identifies and tests cutting edge reagents, technologies or protocols that are supporting the development of products in Oncology, Genetics, Infectious Disease and Automation/Sample Preparation. Areas of interest include short and long read sequencing technologies, low input and difficult sample preparation methods and creating integrated workflows. Candidates must be able to work in a collaborative, exciting, and fast-paced team environment.
Responsibilities: Operate & maintain equipment, interact with LIMS databases, complete projects in a timely fashion, research & development, and give presentations at weekly meetings. Additional responsibilities: Operation of different genomics analysis technologies such as next-gen sequencing, microarrays, real time PCR and ancillary equipment for quality control and validation; Develop, validate & apply methods for various genomics methods mainly focused on sequencing; Process include nucleic acid isolation and quantification, PCR amplification, library preparation, plate normalizations and Work with senior personnel, perform early development activity to create new workflows that are robust, cost-effective and time efficient; Collaborate with R&D to transfer new assays and methods to automation platforms; Work closely with IT group and instrument vendors to develop and implement automated workflows; Accurately and consistently record experimental methods, materials & results in electronic laboratory notebooks; Analyze data, evaluates results, form conclusions, and determine future experiments; Present findings or comprehensive project status reviews at internal/external seminars/meetings; Apply advanced technical writing & graphical skills to produce reports & documents; Prepare summaries, reports, presentations, manuscripts, etc.; Present early development work including scientific background information & project updates at internal staff meetings and at cross-functional team meetings; Determine all chemicals, reagents & supplies needed for a project; develop a strong knowledge of all related third-party vendors and their technologies and products; Establish and maintain productive relationship with personnel in development; orient & trains new Research Technicians & peers.
Requirements: Strong Molecular Biology background or Biochemistry or Immunology background with strong knowledge of Molecular Biology; Experience performing next-generation sequencing methods (Exome, whole genome, RNA sequencing) a plus; Bachelor of Science with a minimum of 2 years of lab experience.
All US based opportunities require valid US work visa and prior experience in biomedical industry. Most of my current needs are in engineering and all engineering opportunities require medical device experience. I have added some other opportunities in science, sales, BD etc.
I will be adding more opportunities. If interested in any opportunities below, please send me an email (resume as an attachment) at wd_darshana at hot mail dot com and include position title in the subject line. Please include in the email, how well the description matches your background and where the gaps are, if any. All leads or referrals are greatly appreciated.
Director of Engineering – San Jose, CA
(Medical device implantable experience and hands-on engineering passion required).
Automatic Test Equipment Engineer – San Jose, CA
Immediately available. Requires medical device experience. Send in resume ASAP.
Manufacturing Quality Engineer – San Jose, CA
Immediately available. Please send in resume ASAP.
Biochemist – San Jose, CA
Requires MS with 6+ years experience or PhD with 3 years experience in Biochem, Molecular Biology or related. Immediately available, send in resume ASAP, if interested.
Quality Assurance Manager – San Jose, CA
Senior Manufacturing Engineer – San Jose, CA
Manufacturing Technician – San Jose, CA
Senior Mechanical Engineer – San Jose, CA
Biologist – San Jose, CA
Software Sales – San Jose, CA
Seed stage company offering a suite of subscription based software products, supported by cloud infrastructure, has an exciting opportunity for software sales professional, to join as member of the core founding team. Although at pre-funding stage, the company is already generating revenues, with massive and growing database of products that can help scientists make environmentally friendly decisions throughout product development life-cycle. Extensive customer relationship experience is required. Familiarity with SciFinder, Reaxys etc. is required.
Engineering Technician – Mt. Laurel, NJ
An innovative medical device company focused on treatment of cardiac diseases, has an exciting opening for Engineering Technician, in Mount Laurel, New Jersey.
Requirements: BS in EE, 3+ years experience as R&D Electrical Engineering Tech/ Testing Engineer, Prior experience in strongly regulated industries (e.g. medical, defense etc.), Prior experience with reliability tests and assembly.
* Conduct all assigned tests, under the direction of a senior engineer.
* Implement reliability test programs and test setups to implement test protocols.
* Conduct and document test protocols in component and system reliability, failure analysis, etc.
* Ensure compliance with regulations including QSR, ISO Standards and corporate policies.
* Specify and purchase components for test setups and prototypes.
* Procure and maintain engineering lab equipment in accordance with quality practices.
Senior Business Development Role – EU
Reporting To: Head – Global BD to manage all aspects of business development across the CRO portfolio of services; secure and retain business through professional, consultative & proactive sales activities directed at key decision makers.
Maintain knowledge of all appropriate cross-sell opportunities; Continued awareness of competitive activities, positioning & pricing; Work with regional & international counterparts to develop & close integrated opportunities; Analyze potential opportunities & develop sales plans for each target account; Develop in-depth knowledge of customer organization; Represent company at various industry conferences & trade shows; Prepare & lead sales presentation; Educate team in customer culture, operational needs/methods & sales techniques; Handle follow-up related to sale & drive completion of contract; Maintain high visibility in customer organization; Monitor customer satisfaction; Record, plan & coordinate customer sales activities in CRM (SALESFORCE) system.
Requirements: BS or MS in Life Sciences – PhD. preferred; 10+ yrs experience in BD / sales for CRO, CMO or related in life sciences; Ideally industry experience in combination of pharma or biotech in discovery research, CMC or commercial manufacturing technical roles; Solid understanding of drug discovery & development process; Track record of achievement in terms of sales goals; Experience working with international clients & colleagues; Ability to visualize & integrate company’s service portfolio across the drug development continuum; Ability to cross-sell & credibly represent company services to clients; Ability to work from home-based office
Additional details: The position is located in EU. Base pay: between 100,000 to 125,000 euros, car: 800 euros per month, VPP: 5% of base pay; Pension benefits: as applicable per country, Designation – Regional Director, BD
Analog Design & Embedded Systems Engineering Leader – San Jose, CA
Innovative, well funded bio-medical startup with disruptive technology has an exciting opportunity for analog design engineering leader, in San Jose, CA. Stock options, in addition to working on something truly exciting and life changing, would be a huge upside in this opportunity. Requirements include, years of steady experience and passion for engineering problem solving, natural ability to take leadership role (MBA not required). This opportunity is immediately available and if you are engineering problem solver then it is one of the most exciting opportunities you may come across.
Leads Engineer – Austin, TX or San Jose, CA
Requires BS in mechanical engineering, related to biomedical engineering and 10+ years medical device experience. Highly desired, experience designing and developing medical products with implantable leads like cardiac pacemaker leads, proficiency in CAD, SolidWorks, and experience with MatLab, hands-on experience for fabricating prototype leads and related fixtures and tooling.
- Design and develop new conceptual leads in groundbreaking fields of medical devices.
- Prototype lead designs and perform preliminary bench top testing
- Develop processes for advanced lead designs
- Develop, document, and implement test protocols for design verification and process validations
- Design tooling for manufacture and assembly of implantable leads
- Support in vivo and clinical evaluation of developed components
EMBEDDED SOFTWARE/FIRMWARE ENGINEER FOR MEDICAL DEVICES – Austin, TX or San Jose, CA
Requires: BS in Electrical or Software Engineering & 5+ years exp designing & developing embedded systems for medical devices; expertise in embedded C/C++, in optimization for performance & memory usage; exp developing apps that run a variety of OS/RTOS targets; working in structured environment w/ source control & bug tracking systems; exp developing low level device drivers for SPI, I2C, USB, LCD, ADC, DAC, exp with variety of CPU architectures (Arm Cortex M3/M4, TI MSP430 etc.; exp w/ board bring-up; effective use of hardware test equipment including logic analyzers, digital storage oscilloscopes, etc. Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office tools.
* Develop firmware for very low-power, battery powered systems consisting of a mix of analog, digital & RF circuitry in highly integrated, low power embedded designs
* Participate in design activities at architectural & implementation levels
* Design & implement error checking & fault handling, robustness & safety features
* Document software design & implementation
* Support V&V testing, work with V&V team to develop test plans & protocols
* Adhere to standards to help ensure compliance with FDA, ISO, AAMI & UL standards.
Director, Quality Assurance – Mt. Laurel, NJ
In the process of getting filled.
Requirements include: Bachelors degree; 10-12 years experience in QA including medical device industry experience and supervisory/ management experience; & Good working knowledge of domestic & international requirements & regulations such as FDA, ISO, GMP etc.
* Work with contract manufacturer to ensure that devices are manufactured in compliance with US and international quality system requirements.
* Participate in product development teams on behalf of Quality Systems. Identify and resolve quality issues throughout product development process to assure successful audits and regulatory filings.
* Review all product complaints and ensure timely reporting of those events to domestic and international regulatory agencies as necessary.
* Schedule, conduct and assist in responding to internal audits , supplier audits and inspections.
* Maintain a functional CAPA system in compliance with applicable regulations
* Maintain ISO 13485:2003 facility registration in accordance with applicable standards.
* Provide guidance and supervision for Shipping/Receiving Clerk as it relates to completion of receiving inspections and other quality related functions.
* Ensure that the Quality Systems function is carried out in accordance with GMP and ISO directives.
* Review and revise quality system documentation to ensure compliance with domestic and international quality and regulatory requirements.
* Manage, supervise and train staff, oversee projects ongoing within departments, carry out departmental administrative duties.
* Schedule and complete timely management review presentations.
* Manage the document services function to ensure that quality systems documents, records and regulatory submissions are controlled.
* Manage product release and non-conforming product activities
* Maintain program to ensure adequate training of personnel on quality system documentation. Work with HR Department on companywide training activities.
* Ensure employees training on the Quality Systems Regulation and key international regulations and standards.
* Manage the program for handling product returns, returned product evaluations (and repair/rework, where applicable), complaints and customer feedback in accordance with internal policies and procedures.
Senior Clinical Research Monitor: Located anywhere (requires 80% travel)
Position Summary: Responsible for data quality & regulatory compliance at US clinical trial investigational sites. This responsibility is carried out by conducting on-site monitoring visits with Investigator & other research personnel. Highly competitive salary.
* Orient site personnel to study protocol/procedures
* Monitor compliance to FDA Regulations & study protocol
* Monitor & promote compliance to local IRB reporting regulations
* Manage study site activities through frequent on-site visits
* Perform initial, interim & closeout study visits
* Communicate findings to investigators & study staff at the site
* Prompt reporting of compliance issues to in-house staff
* Follow-up on all outstanding issues to ensure each matter is addressed in a timely fashion
* Provide timely communication & written reports to the Clinical Affairs department after each monitoring visit
* Schedule on-site monitoring activities & travel in conjunction with company travel policies.
* May be required to supervise additional field monitors
* Up to 80% travel required.
Education and Experience Requirements
* This position requires a RN, BS, or similar degree (CRCC) with at least 5 years experience in monitoring clinical studies. The candidate must be very familiar with all FDA regulations governing IDE clinical trials.
* Experience in cardiac medical device related clinical trials
* Experience in clinical trial data management
Field Clinical Engineer (FCE) – Germany ( several locations: North Bavaria and Thüringen)
Requirements: BS in Engineering, Science or related; 5+years experience with use of invasive cardiovascular medical devices; knowledge of device-based cardiac rhythm & heart failure management; Prior experience working with clinical studies; Ability to quickly analyze & resolve clinical/technical issues; Frequent traveling to investigational sites, corporate offices, investigator meetings & industry meetings.
* Develop a strong rapport with clinical sites by acting as consultants to support the site’s needs.
* Responsible for supporting all field-based activities at clinical sites.
* Drive enrollment by ensuring that investigational sites receive the necessary support in order to enroll, implant, and follow patients in a manner consistent with the clinical protocol.
* Support implant procedures and follow-ups at clinical sites
* Share clinical / technical experiences with other personnel in order to improve understanding of product behavior, improve product performance and product acceptance by customer.
* Communicate activities and issues at clinical sites with other company personnel
* Fulfill all administrative requirements including the collection of relevant technical data and completion of necessary documentation
Senior Electrical Engineer – Mt. Laurel, NJ – may be filled soon
An innovative medical device company focused on treatment of cardiac diseases, has an exciting opening for Senior Electrical Engineer in Mount Laurel, New Jersey.
Requirements: B.S. in EE; 5+ years experience as R&D EE in regulated industries (i.e Medical, defense, etc.); Applications development & PM experience; exp writing protocols, reports, regulatory documents; Understanding of patent applications & processes. Exp in circuit design (Analog & mixed-mode circuits) & with digital signal processing algorithms, a big plus.
* Provide project leadership in product design & specifications, under direction of VP Product Development.
* Develop reliability tests programs & setups to implement test protocols
* Work closely with vendors (i.e design subcontractors) on product requirements & specifications.
* Conduct design reviews & ensure compliance of design regulations including QSR, ISO standards and corporate policies.
Please see below some of my immediate opportunities. All opportunities are for candidates located in the United States only. When sending your resume, please include details on your current compensation and compensation expectations. Also, include in the email a short summary of your background and your key strengths. Please send resumes to wd_darshana at hot mail dot com.
Research Associate/ Scientist – San Jose, CA
Innovative, well funded startup with novel drug-delivery technology has an immediate opening for research associate, in San Jose, CA. Requirements include, solid track record in bioanalytical assays. Proficiency in HPLC, Elisa immunoassays, luminescence assays, fluorescence assays or related is required. Experience in quantitative analysis, variability analysis in tissue and plasma, experience in pharmacokinetics, and experience in biologics a big plus. Stocks and benefits make this a highly attractive opportunity to be involved in cutting edge technology, at grounds level.
CLS Lab Manager – Santa Clara, CA
The lab manager must possess an active, valid license issued by the State to perform high complexity testing pursuant to chapter 3 of Business and Professions Code or to practice medicine, osteopathy or podiatry pursuant to chapter 5 of Business and Professions Code appropriate to the specialty or specialties they are supervising; and– appropriate to the specialty or specialties for which they are consulting and, for the specialties of diagnostic immunology, chemistry, hematology, and microbiology, must–
(1) Have earned a bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical or biological science or medical technology from an accredited institution; (CLS required)
(2) Have at least 4 years of laboratory training or experience, or both, in high complexity testing for the specialty or subspecialty in which they supervise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The lab manger shall be accessible to testing personnel at all times testing is performed by providing on-site, telephone or electronic consultation to resolve technical problems in accordance with policies and procedures established either by the laboratory director.
The lab manager shall be responsible for ensuring that tests and examinations are performed in compliance with chapter 3 of the Business and Professions Code and Title 42, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 493 standards as published October 1, 1994, regarding clinical laboratories and–
(1) Be responsible for providing day-to-day supervision of high complexity test performance by a testing personnel;
(2) Be responsible for monitoring test analyses and specimen examinations to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained.
(3) Assure that all remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications;
(4) Ensure that patient test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and the test system is properly functioning;
(5) Provide orientation to all testing personnel;
(6) Ensure proper training and competency assessment of all supervised laboratory personnel;
(7) Ensure that Proficiency Testing procedures are followed as specified in Proficiency Testing Procedure;
(8) Timely review of all data and programs specified in the Quality Assessment Procedure as authorized
Project Manager with strong hands-on engineering plus bio background – Milpitas, CA
This is an exciting opportunity with a huge potential upside in stocks in a very innovative company with unique drug delivery technology. Strong technical background plus background in pharma chemistry and 10+ years experience with microsoft projects is ideal. Drug-delivery device experience, a big plus.
Director of Quality Engineering – Milpitas, CA
There is an immediate opportunity for Director of Quality Engineering. It requires 10+ years experience in implantable device. Some pharma experience highly desired. Experience in implementing QE systems, a great plus. This is very exciting opportunity to be involved in multiple projects with huge upside, in stocks potential. Requires engineering background.
Director of Manufacturing Engineering – Milpitas, CA
There is immediate opening for Director of Manufacturing, that requires 10+ years experience in implantable devices. Experience with injectible drugs, pills highly desired. Strong hands-on expertise in tooling is required. This is very exciting opportunity to be involved in multiple projects with huge upside, in stocks potential (a once in a lifetime kind of an opportunity).
Post-doc opportunity – San Jose, CA
There are opportunities for some excellent post-docs for a drug delivery company. These opportunities are for candidates with recent Ph.D. in Biochemistry or related and interest in obtaining exciting industrial post doc opportunity with exciting startup.
Senior Biochem Scientist- San Jose, CA
More details will be posted soon. Meanwhile, candidates with strong drug delivery experience, please contact me.
Senior Quality Engineer – San Antonio, TX
* Lead Quality Assurance for R&D- design, development, V&V phases including hazard/risk analysis and mitigation, DOE and related statistical design and analyses, GDT, design reviews, audits/compliance
* Manufacturing including process development, qualification and validation, IQ, OQ, PQ, part/component selection, sterilization and packaging development and validation
* Develop and implement QA systems to be compliant with applicable international and national standards such as ISO 13485 and regulatory requirements of FDA CFR 820 and other bodies for Class III implantables
* Implement productive relationships with R&D and manufacturing suppliers and partners
* Work in a matrixed organizational structure to support facilities in CA & TX.
* Educate colleagues and support in-house uptake and implementation of these systems organization-wide
* Support the following functions: o Regulatory Affairs o Intellectual Property
* Business and Commercialization, including due diligence documentation
* Implement documentation systems, including electronic systems, under the functional direction of QA Director
based in San Jose
* Designed and implemented QA systems for implantable medical devices and drugs. Combinatorial drug-device
and Class III experience desirable. At least 10 years experience, >15 years desirable.
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or in an equivalent field required, with ASQ certification (CQE, CRE, CQM, CSSBB) desirable
* Grown QA organizations with a hands-on, leadership- by-example and team-oriented approach
* Demonstrated working experience with electronics hardware and software, biomaterials, drugs, drug delivery, and mechanical technologies while supporting multidisciplinary teams: engineering, biological, manufacturing, regulatory, intellectual property, clinical and business.
* Excellent and demonstrated grasp and use of statistics in R&D and manufacturing including DOE • Supported multiple complex projects and start-ups
* Developed and implemented design controls, documentation, and design procedures, protocols
* Developed and implemented manufacturability, and related process flows and controls, and selected qualified vendors to manufacture Class II and III implantable devices
* Strong technical skills with demonstrated ability to provide hands-on solutions to a variety of technical problems of varying scope and complexity
* Analytical data-driven problem solver and team player, organized and an excellent communicator
Key Job Parameters
* Full-time position located in San Antonio, Texas
* Some travel (~10%) may be necessary to meet job responsibilities
* Report to VP, Product Development
Senior Clinical Data Manager – Dublin, CA
Clinical Supplies Contractor – Dublin, CA
While the job report for this past month was dismal, I have some exciting opportunities. Please see below some of my immediate opportunities. All US opportunities are for candidates located in the United States only. But there are some new opportunities located in India (posted in August JOBS), for anyone wishing to do a stint in India, in very exciting, cutting edge multinational. When sending your resume, please include details on your current compensation and compensation expectations. Also, include in the email a short summary of your background and your key strengths. Please send resumes to wd_darshana at hot mail dot com.
Director of Quality Engineering – Milpitas, CA
There is an immediate opening for VP of QE for exciting medical device company located in San Jose, CA. It requires 10+ years experience in implantable device. Some pharma experience highly desired. Experience in implementing QE systems, a great plus. This is very exciting opportunity to be involved in multiple projects with huge upside, in stocks potential. Requires engineering background.
Director of Manufacturing Engineering – Milpitas, CA
Experience with implantable class III devices, tooling etc. highly desired.
VP of Engineering – Santa Clara, CA
There is an immediate opening for VP of Engineering for design services company, in Santa Clara, CA.
Requirements: Requirements include experience managing hardware and firmware projects including managing several teams of engineers, skill at interfacing with customers including outstanding communication skills & skill at quick understanding of the crux of a problem & solutions. Although automated process is in place, candidate must have project management skills and experience. Additionally, the candidate must have skill to understand the customer’s needs and desires, communicate them to engineers & to communicate back to the customer the opportunities & limitations in meeting their goals.
Sometimes, work starts early, before specifications are clear, as the company is called to do feasibility work to determine what can be done or how it can be done. The company attempts to help customers become successful by requesting specifications or helping them write specifications that are clear and complete enough for senior engineers to complete the work with high quality, on time, and on budget. It is highly desired to have design experience with hardware (analog or digital), firmware, or software. It is desired to be skilled at writing proposals. This is an opportunity to join a small team of high performing engineers and grow the staff as the company grows.
This is a rapidly growing product development company with a reputation for completing difficult projects on time and on budget. The company designs devices, firmware, and software for other companies and has a track record to respond quickly, provide high quality work, and move on to other projects when done. The company brings strong experience in working with sensors, wireless, and motion control. Clients include companies making wearable devices, home health, products for the aging, medical devices, industrial devices, and others in fascinating and challenging fields.
This position is responsible for overseeing the design, analysis, interpretation and reporting of pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic, drug disposition, and drug metabolism data from clinical studies for the oncology portfolio.
- Responsible for performing pharmacokinetic analysis and PK and PK/PD modeling and simulations; contribute to relevant sections of Clinical Study Reports, Clinical Pharmacology related regulatory documents and draft relevant sections in support of clinical development plans, and provide Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometric perspective on cross-functional teams, including Clinical Study Teams
- Plan and review study designs, analysis plans, data analysis, and interpretation of PK, PK/PD, as well as planning, implementation and organization of regulatory filings and presentation of data at cross-functional teams, department meetings, conferences and regulatory meetings
- Review PK/PD and bioanalytical data
- Contribute to the design and development of ADME studies as well as the translation of these observations into an understanding of in vivo metabolic fate
- Work closely with other scientists and disciplines (Biostatistics, Data Management, Translational Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Development, CMC, Toxicology, Clinical Development, etc.) to plan, analyze and interpret the resulting PK, biotransformation and metabolism data
- PhD or equivalent in pharmacokinetics, pharmaceutics, pharmacology or similar area
- Minimum 3 years’ experience – position title commensurate with experience
- Hands-on experience with PK analysis and generating outputs gained within a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company
- Experience with industry standard PK and PK/PD software and tools
- Strong written, presentation, and verbal communication skills are essential
Post-docs – Engineering – ME, EE, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences – CA & TX
Requires excellent and proven hands-on problem solving skills.
Senior Biochemistry Scientist – San Jose, CA
details to follow but feel free to send resume.
Biostatistical Programming Contractor/ Biostatistician – Dublin, CA
This position will be responsible for providing quality programming & analysis support to the Biometrics & Data Management functions within the Clinical department, of oncology focused company, located in Dublin, CA. This is a contract position for an initial term of 12 months; onsite is strongly preferred but working remotely part time is negotiable. More details will be posted soon.
Immediate contract Engineering Opportunities – San Jose, CA
- Electrical Engineering & Software
- Analog Design
- PCB Layout (FR4, Flex etc.)
- ASIC Design
- Embedded Systems
- TI MSP430, ARM, Cypress
- Software (Windows, Linux, C++, Android, iOS)
- RF Communications
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 3G, 4G, GPS
- Antenna Design
- RF Test Labs
- Test Engineering
- Test Hardware & Software
Opportunities in India are posted in August JOBS posting.