All US based opportunities require valid US work visa and prior experience in biomedical industry. If interested in any opportunities below, please send me an email (resume as an attachment) at wd_darshana at hot mail dot com and include position title in the subject line. Please include in the email, how well the description matches your background and where the gaps are, if any. If you identify the position that correctly fits your experience & geographic preference and include in the email details on how it matches your background, your current comp and comp expectations, then it will get my first attention. All leads or referrals are greatly appreciated.
Director of Mechanical Engineering – San Jose, CA
There is an opening for Director of Mechanical Engineering, for a medical device company, located in San Jose, CA. The position requires 12+ years experience in Class II and III medical devices and substantial background and depth in polymer science, in addition to a solid hands-on engineering background in mechanical engineering.
Reliability Engineer – Milpitas, CA
There is an opportunity for reliability engineer with 8+ years of experience in aerospace, military or related industries. Ideally a background with some combination in polymer science, material science and mechanical engineering preferred. This will offer an opportunity to work on something truly exciting and life changing, with a great team. Stock options will be a huge upside in this opportunity.
Physiologist/ Pharmacologist with In-Vivo Experience: San Jose, CA
A dynamic company, founded by a veteran leader, involved in the development of drug-device combination products for treating chronic diseases, has an opening for a Biologist. This is once in a lifetime kind of an opportunity to work on exciting technology with game changing potential. The candidate must have hands-on research experience including in vivo experience esp with large animal models during their doctoral and post-doctoral training period. The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. in Physiology/Pharmacology or any other related Biology discipline or a DVM with research experience. The individual is expected to have a breadth of experience in both in vitro and in vivo biological research supporting various drug/ device development programs across multiple therapeutic areas including CNS, oncology, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. The individual will support and work with external institutions including CROs and academic institutions especially for conducting in vivo studies in small as well as large animals. Additionally the individual will set up and run a variety of routine in vitro research paradigms in house as needed such as isolated tissue and cell-based assays as well as quantitative assays for small molecules, peptides and proteins using techniques such as FTIR, HPLC, and immunoassay. The individual will work with a multidisciplinary team of experts and provide biology support with minimal supervision on various ongoing projects.
DVM working for either a mid-sized CRO or industry could be a good fit.
Technician – San Jose, CA
This position supports the development, commercialization, market release, and post release support of a family of products that perform water quality measurement and treatment for pools and spas. The scope of work includes laboratory and testing, prototype fabrication, manufacturing process and equipment development, and ﬁeld testing of product. This funded, early stage start-up has a mission to create a family of novel IOT products to ﬁll an un‐served market.
- Conduct test and collect data both in‐house and in the ﬁeld
- Assemble prototype products
- Fabricate and/or modify components for testing
- Inspect incoming mechanical and electronic components and raw materials
- Handle hazardous chemicals
- Manage inventories of raw materials, components, and chemicals
- Clean and organize workplace
- Maintain a safe workplace for self and others
- Troubleshoot and perform analysis of failed hardware
- Build and set‐up production and test equipment
- Calibrate and maintain equipment
- Assist engineers and scientists as needed
- Math skills (High School level minimum)
- Computer skills (e‐mail, Word, and Excel, CAD experience a plus, Linux experience a plus)
- Operate electronic and mechanical measurement instruments
- Comfort with IOT products communicaĕng to smart phones
- Soldering electronic components
- Capable of lifting 30 pounds unassisted
- Operate machine shop equipment
- Perform laboratory measurements including interpreting color strips (cannot be color blind)
- Fluent in English
- Good attitude
- Meticulous record keeping
- Keeps workplace clean and organized
- Safety oriented (understands industrial safety)
- Enjoys being creaĕve
- Takes direction readily
- Able to direct self when other direction is not provided
- Valid driver’s license
- Interested in and enjoys early‐phase start‐up experience
- Wants to learn and grow professionally as the company grows
- 5‐15 years with a variety of experience as a calibration technician, maintenance mechanic, electronics technician, or R&D technician
- Consumer product experience
- Familiarity with pool care is a plus
Analog Engineer – San Jose, CA
This opportunity requires 8+ years of analog design experience, preferably for class 2 and class 3 medical devices. It is a senior level opportunity ideal for a candidate who has passion for hands on engineering and is good in managing a team.
Firmware Engineer – San Jose, CA
This opportunity requires 8+ years of firmware/ embedded systems experience for class 2 and class 3 medical devices. It is a senior level opportunity ideal for a candidate who has passion for hands on engineering and is good in managing a team.
Patent Attorney – San Jose, CA
In-house opportunity in medical device company with disruptive technologies to solve pressing health problems, requires 15+ years of medical device patent prosecution experience.
Patent Paralegal – San Jose, CA
The position will be assisting in-house counsel working on USPTO and foreign filings, office actions, assignments and other related USPTO filings for a variety of medical device and pharmaceutical related patent applications. They will be proofing and editing patent applications and office actions and prepping office actions. They will be developing and tracking dockets (US and foreign), filing on line assignments, working with the deposit accounts and reviewing IP related documents and agreements.
Field Clinical Engineer (FCE) – Germany ( several locations: North Bavaria and Thüringen)
Requirements: BS in Engineering, Science or related; 5+years experience with use of invasive cardiovascular medical devices; knowledge of device-based cardiac rhythm & heart failure management; Prior experience working with clinical studies; Ability to quickly analyze & resolve clinical/technical issues; Frequent traveling to investigational sites, corporate offices, investigator meetings & industry meetings.
* Develop a strong rapport with clinical sites by acting as consultants to support the site’s needs.
* Responsible for supporting all field-based activities at clinical sites.
* Drive enrollment by ensuring that investigational sites receive the necessary support in order to enroll, implant, and follow patients in a manner consistent with the clinical protocol.
* Support implant procedures and follow-ups at clinical sites
* Share clinical / technical experiences with other personnel in order to improve understanding of product behavior, improve product performance and product acceptance by customer.
* Communicate activities and issues at clinical sites with other company personnel
* Fulfill all administrative requirements including the collection of relevant technical data and completion of necessary documentation