For the opportunities below, please send resume ASAP and include in the subject line the title of the job you are interested in. Include in the email some info on why you think it might be a good match with your background. Please send resume to wd_darshana at hot mail. Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn, if you work in life sciences or high tech arena. My most imminent opportunity is for analog design engineer. See below.
Electrical Engineer: San Jose, CA
Innovative bio-medical company with disruptive technology has an exciting opportunity for principal electrical engineer with analog design and embedded systems experience, in San Jose, CA. Stock options, in addition to working on something truly exciting and life changing, would be a huge upside in this opportunity. Requirements include, years of steady experience and passion for engineering problem solving. Job duties described below are pertaining to some imminent needs but specific work responsibilities will change and there will be opportunities to work on several exciting projects.
Job Duties/Responsibilities: The position is responsible for the design and development of an external inductively coupled charging system for a rechargeable implanted medical device. The position will work closely with a firmware engineer responsible for developing communications and implementing the charging algorithms. The position will also be expected to provide general electrical engineering support to a team of firmware, software, and mechanical engineers responsible for other system components as needed.
* Design and development of inductive charging coil (s) for transcutaneous charging of an implanted medical device. Position is responsible for developing the optimal coil design/dimensions, design of any hardware required for localization/alignment of coils, management of thermal properties and heating of devices and tissue.
* Adaption of existing power electronics to supply the inductive coil.
* Adaption of existing digital electronics used to control charging sequences, device communications and interface with the user
* Design verification testing, including agency testing for conformance with 14708-1, 14708-3 and the applicable 60601-1 series.
* Follow FDA compliant procedures and deliver FDA quality documentation of all design and verification testing
* Working effectively with firmware, software, and mechanical engineers on the project as well as working effectively with off-site partner for technology transfer and development of consensus on shared responsibilities.
* Work effectively with lab technicians and manufacturing engineering/automated test engineering.
* Education: BS Electrical Engineering with a focus in analog and/or electromagnetics, MS preferred.
* Experience: 7-10 years of experience in relevant electrical engineering tasks. Experience with inductive or RF powering/communications (eg RFID tags, wireless charging for consumer applications (eg cellphone), MRI R&D/testing) is required, inductive low frequency magnetically coupled charging is preferred. Experience in computer simulation of magnetic fields is desirable.
* Skills: Hands on electrical design of charging coils. Hands on electrical design of power circuitry. Hands on experience with rechargeable batteries, recharging characteristics, and heating. Good working knowledge of CAD tools for electrical circuit design and board layout/fabrication. Good electrical lab and troubleshooting skills. Familiarity with digital design and interfacing. Ability to work independently and in small teams.
Director of Quality – San Jose, CA
An Exciting drug delivery company has an immediate opening for Director of Quality. This position requires a rich quality background and strong experience in either class III devices or pharma. Requires experience of implementing quality systems and with running a strong quality organization with several direct reports.
Engineering Program Management Leader – San Jose, CA
Innovative startup with complex array of projects, with disruptive technology, has an exciting opportunity for program and project management leader. This individual will drive the program/ project teams to scope and schedule baselines; will remain focused on delivering to all committed milestones and hold project teams accountable; and will communicate regularly to peers and management to set expectations and remain in alignment on deliverables. Strong background and deep understanding of engineering, technology, tooling, and manufacturing is absolutely required.
Senior Mechanical Engineer – Milpitas, CA
Novel technology company focused on delivering cost-effective solutions for improving detection and prevention of cancer has an immediate opening for Senior Mechanical Engineer. Requires MATLAB, LabVIEW skills.