For the opportunities below, please send resume ASAP and include in the subject line the title of the job you are interested in. Include in the email some info on why you think it might be a good match with your background. Please send resume to wd_darshana at hot mail. Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn, if you work in life sciences or high tech arena. Some of the opportunities below are same as last month but description has changed.
Engineering Program Management Leader – San Jose, CA
Innovative startup with complex array of projects, with disruptive technology, has an exciting opportunity for program and project management leader. This individual will drive the program/ project teams to scope and schedule baselines; will remain focused on delivering to all committed milestones and hold project teams accountable; and will communicate regularly to peers and management to set expectations and remain in alignment on deliverables. Strong background and deep understanding of engineering, technology, tooling, and manufacturing is absolutely required.
Senior Mechanical Engineer – Milpitas, CA
Novel technology company focused on delivering cost-effective solutions for improving detection and prevention of cancer has an immediate opening for Senior Mechanical Engineer. Requires MATLAB, LabVIEW skills. More details will be posted soon.
Director of Manufacturing – San Jose, CA
Innovative medical device company has a very exciting opportunity for Director of Manufacturing Engineering. This position will be responsible for leading the team from R&D to manufacturing with a relentless focus on equipment and processes to drive maximum efficiency, maximize reliability and minimize cost. This position is ideal for someone with a mechanical engineering background and someone who likes to build machines and is a tinkerer. Additional background in pharma would be a huge plus.
Director of Quality – San Jose, CA
An Exciting drug delivery company has an immediate opening for Director of Quality. This position requires a rich quality background and strong experience in either class III devices or pharma. Requires experience of implementing quality systems and with running a strong quality organization with several direct reports.
Analog Design & Embedded Systems Engineer – San Jose, CA
Innovative, well funded bio-medical startup with disruptive technology has an exciting opportunity for analog design and embedded systems engineer, in San Jose, CA. Stock options, in addition to working on something truly exciting and life changing, would be a huge upside in this opportunity. Requirements include, years of steady experience and passion for engineering problem solving.
Lab Manager – Mountain View, CA
A startup with unique biopsy platform technology for detection of cancer, using both cell based and genomic technologies, has an immediate opening for Lab Manager, in Mountain View, CA. This can be a part-time or full-time opportunity for the right candidate.
The lab manager must possess an active, valid license issued by the State of California to perform high complexity testing pursuant to chapter 3 of Business and Professions Code or to practice medicine, osteopathy or podiatry pursuant to chapter 5 of Business and Professions Code appropriate to the specialty or specialties they are supervising; and– appropriate to the specialty or specialties for which they are consulting and, for the specialties of diagnostic immunology, chemistry, hematology, and microbiology, must–
(1) Have earned a bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical or biological science or medical technology from an accredited institution; (CLS required) and
(2) Have at least 4 years of laboratory training or experience, or both, in high complexity testing for the specialty or subspecialty in which they supervise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The lab manger shall be accessible to testing personnel at all times testing is performed by providing on-site, telephone or electronic consultation to resolve technical problems in accordance with policies and procedures established either by the laboratory director.
The lab manager shall be responsible for ensuring that tests and examinations are performed in compliance with chapter 3 of the Business and Professions Code and Title 42, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 493 standards as published October 1, 1994, regarding clinical laboratories and–
(1) Be responsible for providing day-to-day supervision of high complexity test performance by a testing personnel;
(2) Be responsible for monitoring test analyses and specimen examinations to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained.
(3) Assure that all remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications;
(4) Ensure that patient test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and the test system is properly functioning;
(5) Provide orientation to all testing personnel;
(6) Ensure proper training and competency assessment of all supervised laboratory personnel;
(7) Ensure that Proficiency Testing procedures are followed as specified in Proficiency Testing Procedure;
(8) Timely review of all data and programs specified in the Quality Assessment Procedure as authorized
Project Management Leader – San Jose, CA – Likely to be soon FILLED
Innovative drug-delivery company has an exciting opportunity for project management leader with pharmaceutical development background. This individual will drive the team to meet deliverables on time and within budget, and will communicate regularly with peers and management to set expectations and remain in alignment on deliverables. Strong understanding of analytical chemistry, molecular biology, and in vivo pharmacology is absolutely required.